HUGE RPI Boost

pnkranger

Reaction score
We jumped about 30 spots in today's updated RPI thanks to a huge Saturday from everyone on our schedule and two straight wins against top 50 opponents.

Right now we're sitting at #77, just above the NCAA tournament bubble line. With a lot of ball to play, and our team finally getting warmed up, this could be a pretty fun stretch run.

Now, if we can take the next two on the road (ha!) against the 36th and 52nd ranked RPI teams, we'll probably leap-frog into the 40s and be right back in the mix.

I would love to see us win 1 of the next 2 on road, it will be very tough.

We jumped about 30 spots in today's updated RPI thanks to a huge Saturday from everyone on our schedule and two straight wins against top 50 opponents.

Right now we're sitting at #77, just above the NCAA tournament bubble line. With a lot of ball to play, and our team finally getting warmed up, this could be a pretty fun stretch run.

Now, if we can take the next two on the road (ha!) against the 36th and 52nd ranked RPI teams, we'll probably leap-frog into the 40s and be right back in the mix.

77 isn't close to the NCAA bubble line. We need both of the next 2 to get people to start talking about us seriously.

I think if we come back to Norman next week having won one game on the road, and then take care of Iowa State at home we will be sitting at 4-3 and still have a good shot at finishing in the top 6 in the Big 12 with a shot at the NCAA.

I don't see us beating Texas this year. I think the big one that we will have to win to finish .500 or above will be against Kstate in Norman.

In 2007-2008, Blake's freshman year, we went 6-2 at home and 3-5 on the road with this same schedule. Our only losses at home were to Texas and Kstate.

This year maybe we can do the same. If not, maybe we can beat Kstate at home and only have to win 2 road games.

Look - right now we'll be lucky to be in NIT consideration. So I wouldn't even start with NCAA crap.

Look - right now we'll be lucky to be in NIT consideration. So I wouldn't even start with NCAA crap.

+1

One thing at a time, fellas. We need to just focus on trying our best to win 1 of this next 2 on the road.

+1

One thing at a time, fellas. We need to just focus on trying our best to win 1 of this next 2 on the road.

that's true. but not necessarily true in terms of the RPI. with the Big XII schedule out RPI should continue to improve as long as we win as many as lose . getting into the 50's or even 40's gives us a probable chance at the NCAA.

key here is to get a road win or 2. we aren't going to win every one at home. we aren't going to be playing any 200+ rpi teams in the next 13 games so the RPI, if we play .500 ball, will go up.

I don't like even talking about the tournament right now but as far as that goes we're going to have to no worse than 10-6 or we don't have much of a chance. Our non-conf was just horrendous. 18-12 and 9-7 isn't going to cut it when we'll have 3 bad losses on our resume.

Let's just worry about the NIT right now. We're 11-6, so we're nowhere near the NCAA bubble. We have 13 games left. If we find a way to go 6-7, that will put us at 17-13 and in the NIT. We probably need to go 8-5 down the stretch to even be considered for the NCAA tournament. I know we're got a two game winning streak going, but let's not get too excited. I don't see eight wins left on the schedule, do you?

Im not really worried about the post season.

Its kinda like football this year. Get the future players of this program playing time to get ready for next year.

I think if we come back to Norman next week having won one game on the road, and then take care of Iowa State at home we will be sitting at 4-3 and still have a good shot at finishing in the top 6 in the Big 12 with a shot at the NCAA.

I don't see us beating Texas this year. I think the big one that we will have to win to finish .500 or above will be against Kstate in Norman.

If we get one of these road games next week and beat ISU, that would make us 4-2.

If we get one of these road games next week and beat ISU, that would make us 4-2.
I think what Camp is alluding to is we follow that game up with a visit from Texas, while as much as I want us to win that game it still seems like a long longshot.

If this team wants to take NCAA, get back to me if we win the next 3 games, or win a couple and upset Texas.

I have faith in OU basketball team!... A true fan will stick by their team in their ups and down... GO OU.. Look to see you in the NCAA tournment.

I have faith in OU basketball team!... A true fan will stick by their team in their ups and down... GO OU.. Look to see you in the NCAA tournment.

We're all sticking by this team. That doesn't mean we can't be realistic about our season. Right now, the blunt truth is that we are fighting for an NIT bid. If we get hot, win a few road games, and beat a ranked team or two, we might work our way onto the bubble. However, we're a long ways from doing any of that.

Back