I really like coach going to this 2-3 zone

The needed to get the hell out of the zone. Houston destroyed that "zone" quite easily. You zone poor shooting teams, not teams that are lighting it up. Jeff needed to get out of it and chose to just stick his head in the sand and call it quits. The sheer lack of any defensive accountability is what really bothers me. Nobody seems to really care at all about playing any. I realize that TMG had some bad TOs, but WW is no PG and has been pretty disasterous this year when handling the ball under pressure. Hopefully, this team can figure some things out, otherwise this could be worse than Jeff's first season.

Yes they were making everything there for a while, but as soon as we switched to man it looked like a pregame lay-up line except for 1 possession out of about 8. We were screwed when they got ahead and went to a 5 guard lineup. We couldn't guard them M2M, but were forced to try due to score and time remaining.

I just don't undertand why we didn't pressure them in the backcourt more. Our guys just seemed to be playing chase on D all night. I would just like to know how you give up 17 O boards regardless of your defense scheme.

Bingo, Czech. 17 O BOARDS AND 18 TO's can make a world of differencce.

Back