If Capel does not change, next year will suck too

htownSOONER

Reaction score
If Capel does not make some changes immediately, next year will suck. In the college game, you do not have to have a post player get 16 and 8, but you do need post players to play.

If Capel makes the following changes, there may be some growing pains, but we will not go through this next year.

1. If we are not trying to score in transition off a made basket, the offense needs to go off of Tiny Gallon in the block a heck of a lot more than it is.
  2. We have 4 posts players on scholarship, it has been said they are not talented. Maybe so. However, if we want to win, we need another big body to rebound, get trash points and clog the paint. If Capel does not start playing Big O and Fitz meaningful minutes with Tiny on the floor, they wont ever be ready. If he fails to do this we will be in the same crappy boat next year we are in this year. Especially if Tiny goes pro.
  3. I would suggest with the two posts in the game going to more zone play so Fitz and Big O do not get exposed in one on one matchups like some are afraid could happen.

We obviously need better effort but these are schematic changes we need to make.

he might... you never know.... ala Deandre Jordan

but who knows, maybe everyone comes back, warren + tiny

for as selfish as willie is being right now, he DID come back this year out of his own free will

DeAndre Jordan was 7 foot whatever and had an NBA body. Tiny is small for a center and probably has a decent PF body but he has no post game right now. He'll be here at least 1 more and probably 2 more years. I think there's a chance Willie comes back if this team doesn't improve. I agree we need to play Allen and Fitz just to get them experience. I don't understand playing just 7 guys when those guys aren't doing the job. I don't know if Capel and staff have done a good job evaluating how these players would fit into a system because it looks like there is no system right now.

Back