If Tiny does the BG summer workout program

htownSOONER

Reaction score
He will be a star next year! Send Tiny to the west coast for the crazy beach workouts that BG did.

I don't know if Tiny could complete them. I remember reading that the attrition rate was terrible with that trainer and I'm not sure Tiny has the work ethic to finish them. I hope I'm wrong regardless of whether or not he trains in Cali.

He will be a star next year! Send Tiny to the west coast for the crazy beach workouts that BG did.

And he also needs to learn quickly how to not foul repeatedly early on in the game and becoming a spectator. He was having his way in the second half down low but it needs to be for a full game.

Tiny would die if he did the conditioning drills BG and TG did. That said a program could be designed by Frank for his fitness level to do him the same bit of good. I've put the bug in Tiny's ear and Frank Matrisciano is more than willing to train him and its all free for high school and college kids. The guy did me worlds of wonder in my training for MMA.

Quick, do you think that if he worked with Frank this summer, continued the intensity in Norman, he could get to Blake and Taylor's level by the following summer?

Most definitely he could! He would come back stronger, leaner and in the best physical condition of his life....but he has to want it!

Htown, tiny would be scary good at 40 pounds lighter and the rest reconfigured. He would just be unbelievable as a player and then unbelievably rich.

quick, you need to tell Tiny that if he does not do the workouts this summer you will go MMA on him

quick, you need to tell Tiny that if he does not do the workouts this summer you will go MMA on him

haha that would be fun! Be some definite good training but I don't wanna hurt the kid! ;) Tiny could get there, he's had the work ethic to lose this much but Frank steps it up a notch! I would love for all the guys to go out there as it would help them all. Get Big O and Fitz out there with Tiny. Big O is another one I've put the word into his ear.

In all honesty, do you really think Tiny could be at Blake or even Taylor's level? Tiny would totally have to re learn how to run first and get rid of his scooting that he does down the floor. However, a serious conditioning program would definitely benefit him and the team especially after watching him walk from one end of the court to the other two times during the a&m game.

Tiny would die if he did the conditioning drills BG and TG did. That said a program could be designed by Frank for his fitness level to do him the same bit of good. I've put the bug in Tiny's ear and Frank Matrisciano is more than willing to train him and its all free for high school and college kids. The guy did me worlds of wonder in my training for MMA.

You're right, Tiny would no longer be. That is brutal stuff. Get this kid on the right diet and in the weight room and it could be trouble for opponents for years. I think he will be a beast next year and suprise many folks.

The Griffins were workout warriors. They loved intense, physical workout regimens like no other. Not everyone has it in them to, not only complete a Frank M regimen, but enjoy the process.

I don't know if any of our guys have that in them, but if they could get through it I think we would have another Top 5 pick on our hands.

Tiny has Top 5 talent, and with a year of conditioning, learning the program and putting in the hard work necessary, I think he could see that kind of money come his way. Of course, that would depend on him staying at OU for one more year. Otherwise, he is going to get drafted on potential and have to prove to the NBA coaches and brass that he is worth a multi-million dollar contract instead of being given the benefit of the doubt.

In all honesty, do you really think Tiny could be at Blake or even Taylor's level? Tiny would totally have to re learn how to run first and get rid of his scooting that he does down the floor. However, a serious conditioning program would definitely benefit him and the team especially after watching him walk from one end of the court to the other two times during the a&m game.

Are we talking basketball wise or fitness wise? Fitness wise yes he could definitely be at their level, anyone could if they want it! Right now Tiny is no where near that but he has shown that he wants to be in better physical condition, see all the weight he has dropped and I know his trainer that got him there and he wasn't easy on Tiny and said Tiny definitely worked his butt off, never missed a day, and was never late. That shows me his is ready to up his fitness training to that of Frank's. Ryan Wright did it so I know Tiny can do it too!

Basketball wise I've seen some criticism of Tiny and I have held off because I know how hard it is to compete at one size and then to lose that much weight he is learning to play at that fitness level and he just hasn't quite figured it out yet. Add that in to him being a freshman and its a lot to ask of a kid, even one as talented as Tiny. I think its unfair to even compare Tiny to Blake. Blake is a once in every 10 year talent. He and Taylor both were matured beyond their years and a lot of the credit goes to Tommy for having them prepared. Basketball wise Tiny is more talented than Taylor and has more tools but I won't compare him to Blake, just isn't fair. That said Taylor is the more physical fit out of him and Blake but Blake is by far the more talented.

Quick, I'm sure Orton did it, and though he doesn't get the major playing time at UK, he looks a hell of alot better moving around than he ever has. And to Tiny's credit, the same can be said for him. I think we've all saw the youtube clips of him barely making it past half court. There's a reason he hung around the perimeter and it has to do with his conditioning. He's made great strides and is playing at a higher pace and able to get up and down the floor alot better than before.

Tiny has made great strides in his conditioning since high school, like you said just look at the youtube videos. I would love to get him in Frank's program because you take his skill set and combine that with great conditioning and he could improve so much!

Back