I'm very encouraged.....

stormspencer

Reaction score
First off, I've been very critical of Capel this year. YOu could certainly label me closer to the "negative nanny" side rather than the "pumper" side....and especially considering the way this team performed during the non-conference portion of the schedule.

Having said all of that, I'm beginning to see team chemistry develop and this particular group of youngsters understand the meaning of the term "team". It's been a quite arduous process and at times, I've had to turn the TV off and go for a run to take my mind off how bad things seemed. Tonight, I saw something from this team that I really hadn't seen all year. They were down big early on the road....and instead of rolling over like a $2.00 hooker, they showed guts and fight that I wasn't sure they possessed. I'm proud of these guys and I hope this is the first of many positive steps that this team begins to take away from home. Being cautious optimistic, I think we're gonna be OK. We will still have our share of brain-farts during games, but with time, they will become less and less.

I hate the term "good loss", but given our season so far that's exactly what tonight was.

These are the types of games young teams lose on the road and learn from.

These are the types of losses I expected this year.

We're going to lose more games on the road but hopefully we've seen the end of the no-effort 30 point debacles.

I hate the term "good loss", but given our season so far that's exactly what tonight was.

These are the types of games young teams lose on the road and learn from.

These are the types of losses I expected this year.

We're going to lose more games on the road but hopefully we've seen the end of the no-effort 30 point debacles.

I can live with some losses if we play hard AND smart. And yes, we are going to lose more games on the road this season, but I liked what I saw tonight. And we need to continue with this type of effort for 40 minutes AWAY from the LNC.

There are $2.00 hookers? Seriously, I glad to see so much positive feedback after a loss. I thought at times in the second half we looked like a good team.

i'm with you guys.

and since i haven't seen any other thread to make this statement, i'd specifically point out Ryan Wright's improvement as encouraging. The guy is really being a TON more aggressive. those 4 dunks on saturday really energized the guy!

First off, I've been very critical of Capel this year. YOu could certainly label me closer to the "negative nanny" side rather than the "pumper" side....and especially considering the way this team performed during the non-conference portion of the schedule.

Having said all of that, I'm beginning to see team chemistry develop and this particular group of youngsters understand the meaning of the term "team". It's been a quite arduous process and at times, I've had to turn the TV off and go for a run to take my mind off how bad things seemed. Tonight, I saw something from this team that I really hadn't seen all year. They were down big early on the road....and instead of rolling over like a $2.00 hooker, they showed guts and fight that I wasn't sure they possessed. I'm proud of these guys and I hope this is the first of many positive steps that this team begins to take away from home. Being cautious optimistic, I think we're gonna be OK. We will still have our share of brain-farts during games, but with time, they will become less and less.

Where are these $2 hookers you speak of?:D

Umm...a friend told me....you might want to check out 23rd and Lincoln...just north of the Capitol.:D

This friend is a close friend I suspect. ;)

I can't remember being this excited after a loss. I think Capel is pushing the right buttons because they all seem to be playing more inspired. We were so close to a VERY impressive win considering how they bounced back. Really since the Baylor game this team has really started to gel. Things look bright down the road and possibly even sooner. (No pun intended.) :clap

Umm...a friend told me....you might want to check out 23rd and Lincoln...just north of the Capitol.:D

You are about 20 years too late.:ez-laugh::ez-laugh:

Better head south, or so I'm told......:dance005:

I was encouraged by the effort they had in the second. Now we will see if they are really going to jell together into a team. We will see how they respond with another game on the road after a loss. Two good halves and we can beat TTU.

Back