Is Willie really the root of our problems currently?

sooneronas

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of questioning of Willie's leadership, cooperation, work ethic, etc... the past couple of days.

Does anyone have first-hand actual evidence of this?

Right after the first game of the year, it seemed like most people on this board were in love with all of the things mentioned above concerning Willie.

TMG and Tiny came to OU to play with Willie. TMG and Willie have played together before. Is there really a lack of chemistry? Or is our team just very young?

So what's the real story with Willie?

There seems to be a lot of questioning of Willie's leadership, cooperation, work ethic, etc... the past couple of days.

Does anyone have first-hand actual evidence of this?

Right after the first game of the year, it seemed like most people on this board were in love with all of the things mentioned above concerning Willie.

TMG and Tiny came to OU to play with Willie. TMG and Willie have played together before. Is there really a lack of chemistry? Or is our team just very young?

So what's the real story with Willie?

For those of you who don't understand. After the loss, words were probably said in the locker room between WW, the coaches, and maybe some players. This was the result.

I think Willie is getting too much of the blame right now from our fanbase. Such is often the case when you are the best player on a team. I hope Willie will take it all in stride and use it as motivation.

I'm not trying to say Willie is blameless. I'm just wondering what explicitly happened.

Typically where there is smoke there is fire. And during his high schools there was drama about chemistry problems with WW. Last year there was drama with WW about chemistry problems. And now this year.
I've been one of WW biggest supporters here but it's time to grow up WW.

Typically where there is smoke there is fire. And during his high schools there was drama about chemistry problems with WW. Last year there was drama with WW about chemistry problems. And now this year.
I've been one of WW biggest supporters here but it's time to grow up WW.

I think the AJ/WW feud had the opportunity to blow up last year, but when you have solid leaders and continuously winning ball games, these types of things tend to dissipate. We know that is not the case this year regarding leadership and wins.

I think Willie is getting too much of the blame right now from our fanbase. Such is often the case when you are the best player on a team. I hope Willie will take it all in stride and use it as motivation.

Pouting, not showing a lack of urgency are all things he can control. He is OU basketball right now, whether he likes it or not, how he goes emotionally/statistically is how the team goes.

If he wants to be a big time player then he needs to start acting like it, and I'm not talking about his play. When you win, the best player gets all the accolades...when you lose, you're the goat.

Campbest both your above posts were spot on.

DM,

After which loss did it happen?

What did Willie say?

Things get heated when games go down like these losses have. Coaches get in players faces, players yell back, it's not pretty sometimes. It all gets resolved though. My inkling is that this is what happened.

Give him Jordan's Hall of Fame speach.

Leaders have to be treated just like every other player on the team and when you show yourself in front of coaches and team you need to be stopped right then. Now I don't the situation but, I will tell you this it was because of something he did. He looked just fine on the bench. I do believe that Tiny should have been a coaching decision based on what he did but, the word will leak out soon. I saw the response to Coach and he looked very defiant and that is a good seen of control....

Willie has to embrace the total role of being a leader. Were there heated things said? Probably so. However, I was told by a friend that this situation if being blown way out of proportion. Willie did get disciplined for his actions, but everyone should be fine. I hope this info is correct. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Willie has to embrace the total role of being a leader. Were there heated things said? Probably so. However, I was told by a friend that this situation if being blown way out of proportion. Willie did get disciplined for his actions, but everyone should be fine. I hope this info is correct. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

That is what I have heard as well, FF. I tried to dig and get more info, but had folks tell me that there was nothing more to dig. I think it was just Coach Capel sending a message (to the entire team...not just Willie).

I hope so...but it's the pattern that bothers me.
Seems like going back to high school to today there have been a lot of WW attitude instances. And they seemingly always have been described as "not that big a deal". Willie how about we just don't have any more instances at all? Just be quiet and play.

I just find it odd he can look past Lance Stephenson's issues, a guy he believed was going to be a Jayhawk and wanted over Henry as a Jayhawk but still points outs Willie's.

Back