James Anderson.

SoonersRule

Banned
Reaction score
Can't wait for the guy to graduate, b/c he is an absolute stud basketball player.

His game has really progressed over the years. He used to kind of just sit around the perimeter, but now he really takes it to the rim well and has a great fluid stroke and hits that mid-range jumper. I think he should be a top 15 pick in the draft.

His game has really progressed over the years. He used to kind of just sit around the perimeter, but now he really takes it to the rim well and has a great fluid stroke and hits that mid-range jumper. I think he should be a top 15 pick in the draft.

31 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks today vs baylor

If he isn't the Conference POY it will be a joke.

man- Baylor was in his jock all day and it never seemed to bother him. They shot the ball from 3 unbelievable today. Most of Page's looks were open which was inexcusable, but Anderson and Muenelo made contested 3's. He'll go pro. I don't think Ekpe is ready. Ekpe's offensive performance against the best teams in conference- OSU, KU, KSU, MU, UT and A&M has been lacking. He's probably shooting 20% from the field against those teams. He's a very good player, but he needs to get a lot stronger. Best player in the conference defensively though.

Baylor's so long it's ridiculous.

Awful matchup for OSU, glad they pulled it out. Hope they don't meet up again.

Udoh, in the pros wouldn't be a scorer, even if he were to improve. He could easily be a Tyson Chandler, Serge Ibaka guy. Dunks and blocks all game long.

For the conference's sake, I hope he goes pro.

Great game. HUGE for OSU's chances on making the tournament.

I've never been too impressed with Drew. I think he had a weakness with getting his teams to play good defense. But I'll give him every bit of credit or recognizing weaknesses and going to the zone where Baylor's turned into a good defensive team.

man- Baylor was in his jock all day and it never seemed to bother him. They shot the ball from 3 unbelievable today. Most of Page's looks were open which was inexcusable, but Anderson and Muenelo made contested 3's. He'll go pro. I don't think Ekpe is ready. Ekpe's offensive performance against the best teams in conference- OSU, KU, KSU, MU, UT and A&M has been lacking. He's probably shooting 20% from the field against those teams. He's a very good player, but he needs to get a lot stronger. Best player in the conference defensively though.

oSu wasnt the only team that shot unbelievable from 3

Baylor was 12-22 (54.5%)
Oklahoma State was 14-25 (56%)

3pt shooting didnt win oSu the game

They shot the ball from 3 unbelievable today.

You guys weren't so bad yourself... ;)

I believe OSU was 56% from three, and Baylor was 55%. It was a clinic in GIA today.

What won the game for OSU was its rebounding in the second half. Baylor dominated the boards in the first half, but OSU ended up out-rebounding them in the second half.

Limiting Baylor's second-chance points in the second half was the key to the win.

I think Anderson can be a Paul Pierce/Joe Johnson type player in the pro's. He's so big and strong for a 2G and shoots the ball so well.

Huge win for the Cowboys. I have to say I'm impressed with Ford thus far. I'm interested to see what they'll be like next year if Anderson does leave.

I don't think Ekpe is ready. Ekpe's offensive performance against the best teams in conference- OSU, KU, KSU, MU, UT and A&M has been lacking. He's probably shooting 20% from the field against those teams. He's a very good player, but he needs to get a lot stronger. Best player in the conference defensively though.

Players don't go pro and NBA teams don't draft guys because they're "ready." Guys that are truly ready are rare. Even if Udoh stays another year, he, like most players, will still have a lot of work to do to be a quality NBA player.

If teams are comfortable that he can make significant progress in the next year, it won't matter that he's raw.

Also, Pilgrim is slowly morphing into a beast.

Huge win for the Cowboys. I have to say I'm impressed with Ford thus far. I'm interested to see what they'll be like next year if Anderson does leave.

I think oSu will surprise people next year. They are gonna be way more athletice next year with olukemi, williams, brown, and cobbins

Players don't go pro and NBA teams don't draft guys because they're "ready." Guys that are truly ready are rare. Even if Udoh stays another year, he, like most players, will still have a lot of work to do to be a quality NBA player.

If teams are comfortable that he can make significant progress in the next year, it won't matter that he's raw.

Yep, especially having already sat out a year. If he's a Top 15 pick he should go, imo.

I think oSu will surprise people next year. They are gonna be way more athletice next year with olukemi, williams, brown, and cobbins

This year has proven to me that you won't win consistently with freshmen. The exception is if you can sign the top 2 and another top 15 (UK).

I agree that Udoh should go if he's in the lottery. But another year in the weight room and working on his offense could cement him in the lottery a year later. Pro scouts have been saying late 1st/early 2nd. If that holds, he'll return.

Last edited:
This year has proven to me that you won't win consistently with freshmen. The exception is you can sign the top 2 and another top 15 (UK).

Next year's team will be bringing back Page, Penn, Gulley, Pilgrim, Moses and Sidorakis. Which is quite a bit of experience.

If I had to make a prediction now, I'd say they'll be about as good next year as they are right now. Outside of the Top 25 and in that 10-12 seed range in the tournament.

This year has proven to me that you won't win consistently with freshmen. The exception is you can sign the top 2 and another top 15 (UK).

Well we signed the #1 jujo small forward in the country. He'll have experience

Next year's team will be bringing back Page, Penn, Gulley, Pilgrim, Moses and Sidorakis. Which is quite a bit of experience.

If I had to make a prediction now, I'd say they'll be about as good next year as they are right now. Outside of the Top 25 and in that 10-12 seed range in the tournament.

That's pretty optimistic. Depending on how quick the new guys mesh with our returning players - you could be right.

This year has proven to me that you won't win consistently with freshmen. The exception is if you can sign the top 2 and another top 15 (UK).

I agree that Udoh should go if he's in the lottery. But another year in the weight room and working on his offense could cement him in the lottery a year later. Pro scouts have been saying late 1st/early 2nd. If that holds, he'll return.

Totally and completely agree.

Although J.P. Olukemi obvously won't be like an incoming freshman, I'm even a little bit leery about counting on incoming juco guys.

I think the big thing for OSU next year will be the continuing development of Pilgrim. He's slowing becoming quite a force on the inside.

Back