Jerami Grant interview

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
From Terpsinsider

Ive heard rumors that Grant will visit OU sometime before he makes a decision. Grant is the son of Sooner legend, Harvey Grant.

(Photo Credit: Andrew Shurtleff)

One of the top uncommitted forward prospects in the nation is DeMatha rising senior Jerami Grant.

Grant recently participated in the NBPA Top 100 camp in Charlottesville and will be heading down to South Carolina today for the Nike Peach Jam. Grant’s travel team, Team Takeover, is currently undefeated this season and favored to win the Peach Jam.

On Sunday afternoon Team Takeover played a pair of Peach Jam tune-ups. After struggling in the first half, Team Takeover pulled away for a 64-47 victory in their first game. Grant lead all scorers with 19 points. Terps Insider caught up with Jerami after the win to talk about his play this summer as well as his recruitment:

On his team’s play in their first exhibition game at the DC Metro Showcase:

“We definitely had some things we needed to brush up on before Peach Jam. We came out in the summer hot, we were playing well together. We had a little break off and I think it kind of hurt is in that game, overall I think we did ok, we came back in the second half and turned it around.”

On playing at the NBPA Top 100 Camp:

“It’s definitely a good, humbling experience playing with a lot of people with around the same talent level I have. I think it helped my game by forcing me to do more stuff than I normally do on the court. Forcing me to bring the ball up, look for other people passing wise and things like that.”

On his strengths and weaknesses:

“I definitely need to work on my consistency on my jump shot and my strength. I think my ball handling has gotten a lot better and my ability to attack the basket has gotten a lot better.”

On his recruitment:

“I have a couple of schools I’m hearing from a lot. Virginia Tech, Syracuse, Maryland, Georgetown, Clemson, Miami and Rutgers.”

On Maryland and Head Coach Mark Turgeon:

“I talk to Coach Turgeon. Actually sometimes I go down there (University of Maryland) to work out with my brother and yeah, I see him every once in a while.”

On when he will make his college decision:

“I’m probably going to make a decision after Orlando sometime. Done at the beginning of the school year or even before.”

On what it would mean to win Peach Jam:

“It’s definitely important. Even though we’ve been undefeated this whole summer, this Peach Jam means the most. It’s like winning all of your games during the season but not winning the championship.”

And just for fun; Favorite NFL team:

JeramiGrant-by-Andrerw-Shurtleff-e1310393616546.jpg

Starting to look quite a bit like his dad and uncle.

His dad was a great player for the Sooners. I personally believe he was the key to the 88 team. Billy's best post defender, great midrange jumper and then would dump the ball down to Stacey. Total package. Would love to have his son follow in his footsteps.

Back