Josef Szendrei

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
He's got a big task in front of him with three guys. I watched the KU game a little bit and looked at those Morris twins and heard the story about how the lady who works as the stength and fitness person at KU, worked on getting those guys in better basketball conditioning. You could really tell how they've improved athletically. Especially Markieff. Both of those guys seemed more athletic and quicker. They looked really explosive. Now she maybe should have spent more time with Aldrich, but that's a different thread.

Looking ahead for OU, we've got three similar guys who could benefit from a good off season. The main guy is Fitz. Right now Fitz has very good footwork, but not quick footwork. He needs to continue to drop weight, but also gain some power and explosion to his body. He's got to get more spring in his jump to play in the post. Gallon's main issue is stamina. That's why he gets in alot of foul trouble and sometimes misses easy shots. Alot of people don't realize that your post players end up doing the most running of the court. They generally have to run all 94 ft each possession. That can take a toll on a big guy. Pledger is a guy that probably needs to lose about 10lbs, but at the same time add more upperbody muscle. Getting quicker will help him out alot. I'm not aware of the OU offseason workout. I do know that we've had guys like Gerber, Davis, and Wright really get themselfs in top conditioning. We've also had other guys who haven't. Tony Crocker from last year to this year is a different player physically. He went from a guy who was thrown around by every guard in the league to a guy that has been strong enough to hold his on in the post.

It takes much more than Josef, it takes the kid to buy in. What will OL do that he wouldn't do last off season?

Back