Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

why do so many damn aggies post here anyways? do they want to be like us that badly?

Probably! This board has lots of different posters and personalities! Believe it or not, we don't all think the same. I can certainly say I've never said anything like that.

Exactly.

I know some thought we needed Jurick, but certainly not all.

Just like not all aggie fans thought Prentiss Elliott was a saint.

I believe you know the answer to your question. What's odd is that if you search this site for "Jurick" you find tons of threads and posts claiming Jurick is just what you guys need. Or needed, rather. I guess now that he signed with OSU, he's not good enough for you...

You must be new to recruiting. You over look every flaw while recruiting a player, and then focus only on his flaws, when he signs somewhere else.

Does it really matter if OU plays the 150th ranked team or the 250th ranked team? In my opinion OU should win against both teams pretty close to 100% of the time, especially at the LNC.

I do agree with this; it is the biggest flaw with strength of schedule ratings. OU would beat both Guthrie High School and Guthrie Elementary School 100% of the time, but SOS would treat them as vastly different.

are we talking about that great white dope who never makes it back to either basket before a shot is taken?

my dead granny is faster than him.

And yet OU and OSU fans alike think he'll go to Stillwater, and start.

Ain't. Happening.

Probably! This board has lots of different posters and personalities! Believe it or not, we don't all think the same. I can certainly say I've never said anything like that.

Of course you didn't Tony! Can we agree that no one here or elsewhere has any idea if this kid is going to pan out?

All I can tell that anyone knows is he's tall, has blocked some shots in juco, is slower than the black people around him and missed his mom his freshman year in college.

I wanted him. I think it is a good signing for OSU. I think it sucks that the two guys OU was close to getting both went to OSU.

I also think Ford has done a reasonable job. I was pretty high on the guy after his first two seasons at OSU. This year was not so good. I am still not sold either way on Ford but I think those OU fans that say he sucks base it mostly on the fact he coaches at OSU.

Of course you didn't Tony! Can we agree that no one here or elsewhere has any idea if this kid is going to pan out?

I think people elsewhere probably have some idea. Here, that is less likely. But possible!

I definitely do not know.

Exactly.

I know some thought we needed Jurick, but certainly not all.

Just like not all aggie fans thought Prentiss Elliott was a saint.

Uh, BOB, you are one that said he'd be perfect for OU. And I never said every single poster on here agreed, just that there was a lot out there.

And folks, you won't find me on the orange boards. You can go for the stoolwater/sheep humper slant all you want.

ON Edit: BOB, maybe not "perfect" but you were definitely wanted the kid.

Who are you a fan of, InExile? Just curious.

Who are you a fan of, InExile? Just curious.

The Rolling Stones, All pro-Philadelphia teams and Not the Dallas Cowboys.

(not necessarily in that order)

Last edited:
I don't see how a kid that averaged close to a tripple double can be a bad thing. 10 points, 10 boards and 10 blocks is huge in my opinion. Especially the blocks. 10 blocks ia big impact. If a team shoots 50 shots that is blocking 20%. You have to impact even more by making guys think and or rush shots.

Uh, BOB, you are one that said he'd be perfect for OU. And I never said every single poster on here agreed, just that there was a lot out there.

And folks, you won't find me on the orange boards. You can go for the stoolwater/sheep humper slant all you want.

Are you sure you don't have me confused with somebody else? I don't follow recruiting AT ALL so I wouldn't know whether we needed him or not.

I may have said he sounded like a perfect fit based on size and the fact somebody said he was athletic. Considering the shape of our program, if you or I met this qualification we may have been perfect recruits, too.

why do so many damn aggies post here anyways? do they want to be like us that badly?

I been asking myself that first question a lot lately. I gotta admit, I still don't know the answer…though I suspect you got it right, Max.

Here is my comment on Jurick, that I was able to find:

Good point. If the kid can play and improve our current talent level then I would be pleased to have him. If he can't keep his nose clean then he will be gone. Problem is, with our program in such disarray we will be forced to take some chances on kids nobody wants or who have a past. Hopefully Jeff is better at choosing the correct ones than he has been in the past.

If you can infer this meant I thought Jurick was "perfect", then you may need to take a reading comprehension class.

FWIW, my comment was in reply to somebody mentioning Jurick had baggage at Tennessee.

As mentioned earlier, I don't follow recruiting closely enough to ever state definitively somebody would be must get or something like that.

Are you sure you don't have me confused with somebody else? I don't follow recruiting AT ALL so I wouldn't know whether we needed him or not.

I may have said he sounded like a perfect fit based on size and the fact somebody said he was athletic. Considering the shape of our program, if you or I met this qualification we may have been perfect recruits, too.

It's possible I'm confused. It's possible I made it up.

Either way we agree that the people that follow recruiting that closely are crazy.

(that's what you meant, right? <winkythingy>)

It's possible I'm confused. It's possible I made it up.

Either way we agree that the people that follow recruiting that closely are crazy.

(that's what you meant, right? <winkythingy>)

Yes. Anyone that bases their life off what some 18 year old kid did when he was playing in high school is more than crazy.

We definitely agree on that.

Here is my comment on Jurick, that I was able to find:

If you can infer this meant I thought Jurick was "perfect", then you may need to take a reading comprehension class.

FWIW, my comment was in reply to somebody mentioning Jurick had baggage at Tennessee.

As mentioned earlier, I don't follow recruiting closely enough to ever state definitively somebody would be must get or something like that.

I believe I posted my reply about the same time as this. FYI: I have a math degree and hate detailed research.

Back