Kansas-Texas

Sooner23

Reaction score
Rock Chalk or Hookem?

Who ya got?

popcornj.gif

If the game were in Lawrence, KU by 10+.

In Austin, who knows. Crowd will be pumped, and as we saw on Saturday, that can lead to big time upsets. I still think KU finds a way, but it's a toss up in my mind.

I still think KU by 10+ even though it is in Austin, Texas is on its heals and I don't really see any leaders stepping up for them to right the ship. I just don't see how Texas can win unless people like Brown and Hamilton are on fire from deep and Texas actually shots over 60% from the line.

I'm sure Texas is a better shooting team at home. They'll at least have a close game. But Kansas is probably a little more talented.

I can't pick a team that shoots like a YMCA team at the foul line.

I here ya.

My fear with UT last week was them refocusing after a potential loss at OSU. I was thrilled that they came back and won that game. If they didn't, the game against us would have been much harder. So I'm curious as to if they'll refocus against KU. If you look at the matchups, UT only has a head to head advantage in one position, possibly two. But it will be at home and the crowd will be crazy.

Hey 23, I'm just tickled that we ruined ESPN's little promotion by giving UT a loss and taking some luster off of that team.

I heard it called the "Big 12 Super Bowl" this week....oops

LOL

Texas will win at home. OU beat a darn good team yesterday.

I picked Texas in the weekly picks. I do not feel very comfortable with that pick right now. The free throw shooting was so awful. Hamilton is a guy that can make a huge impact on the game either way and we saw both this week. It will be interesting to see how Texas reacts. Pittman has got to play better for Texas to reach its potential.

Texas will win at home. OU beat a darn good team yesterday.

I agree. Texas is a very good team. They've looked a little incompetent at times in the last few weeks (FT shooting, BBall IQ, court awareness), but I think they will have their head on straight for this one. I look for them to control this game with their defense and I think they win by 9 in a relatively low-scoring game.

Rumors that these new Texas uniforms could be unveiled tonight..........

newtexasuniforms2.jpg

newtexasuniforms.jpg

Last edited:
I've got KU, only close because it's in Austin. UT's problem is that their best offensive line-up can't defend and their best defensive line-up can't score. KU is able to mix and match their pieces easier than UT, who has to shuffle around their rotation to find the "hot" player for the night.

Cole is going to put Pittman in foul trouble right off the bat. The Morris brother's will handle the traitor and Collins might be the most clutch player in the game.

Man I hate Kansas, but they are solid

Cole is going to put Pittman in foul trouble right off the bat. The Morris brother's will handle the traitor and Collins might be the most clutch player in the game.

Man I hate Kansas, but they are solid

The biggest mismatch may be Damion James having to guard Marcus Morris down low. Morris has been working his butt off and is averaging 17 and 8 in Big 12 play. James is going to have to work every second on the defensive end to keep from getting pinned on KU's ball reversal.

The biggest mismatch may be Damion James having to guard Marcus Morris down low. Morris has been working his butt off and is averaging 17 and 8 in Big 12 play. James is going to have to work every second on the defensive end to keep from getting pinned on KU's ball reversal.

You may be right, but I expect to see more zone and half-court or 3/4-court press from Texas tonight. I really think they will attempt to make the KU guards/wings win the game. I also believe Texas will utilize a defensive/offensive combo at their 1 and 2 spots all night (Balbay/Hamilton and Mason/Brown). As a poster mentioned earlier, Aldrich might have his way with Pittman....although Pittman is barely averaging over 20 minutes a game this year anyway. Should be a really good game.

You may be right, but I expect to see more zone and half-court or 3/4-court press from Texas tonight. I really think they will attempt to make the KU guards/wings win the game. I also believe Texas will utilize a defensive/offensive combo at their 1 and 2 spots all night (Balbay/Hamilton and Mason/Brown). As a poster mentioned earlier, Aldrich might have his way with Pittman....although Pittman is barely averaging over 20 minutes a game this year anyway. Should be a really good game.

It will definitely be interesting. Pittman gave Aldrich all kinds of trouble last year when he was in the game. That should be a fun matchup.

As for UT's defense I don't think Barnes likes to use the zone much so I don't see him going to that too often. It will also be interesting to see how UT's backcourt plays to see if they play as selfish and disjointed as they did against OU. Jordan Hamilton is one of the biggest ball hogs I've ever seen. He shot the ball every time he touched it against OU.

You talking about KU or Texas? :ez-laugh:
Cuz man KU has been horrible the last two games.

I got Texas winning. They have had a bad run but have to turn it around at some point and why not in a home game on ESPN vs #1 in the nation.
Plus KU is undefeated in conference and that ain't going to happen all year. This is one they should lose.

Back