Last Year vs This Year

Boom Soon

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch more than one or two games this year. However, I pay attention to the box score for very game. Very disappointing that the team cannot finish out games. I tend to think that is player problem vs. coaching. Seems like last year they struggled because they didn't have a guard who could put the team on his back. Gibson and Harkless were good role players, but not "the guy." This year it seems like the opposite! Sherfield is an absolute stud and can put the team on his back, but where are the other guards? Noland and Bamisile have been total busts. I can't fault Moser for that. Sometimes you just need dudes who can play. And that needs to be the guards in today's game. I'm actually kind of surprised the team is playing as well as it is considering the poor guard play outside of Sherfield.

I think it's too early to really make a post season prediction, but I could easily forsee an almost exact scenario as last year.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch more than one or two games this year. However, I pay attention to the box score for very game. Very disappointing that the team cannot finish out games. I tend to think that is player problem vs. coaching. Seems like last year they struggled because they didn't have a guard who could put the team on his back. Gibson and Harkless were good role players, but not "the guy." This year it seems like the opposite! Sherfield is an absolute stud and can put the team on his back, but where are the other guards? Noland and Bamisile have been total busts. I can't fault Moser for that. Sometimes you just need dudes who can play. And that needs to be the guards in today's game. I'm actually kind of surprised the team is playing as well as it is considering the poor guard play outside of Sherfield.

I think it's too early to really make a post season prediction, but I could easily forsee an almost exact scenario as last year.

The fact it is happening with different personnel but the same head coach makes me think it’s definitely coaching to a large extent. He is the common denominator. It just seems like he can’t find a way to get the team out of their scoring droughts quickly enough. And it’s insane to have a lot of possessions in the second half where Grant didn’t touch the ball.

We are definitely not at the level of the top teams in our league, but we have enough talent to be in that second tier. But we won’t get there if we lose 80-90 percent of close games.

Nolan is short and very overweight. He isn’t a power 5 basketball player. Bamisile is a total bust. He’s super athletic, but is a turnover machine and is a awful shooter. His shot is flat and takes off like a rocket.

Nolan is short and very overweight. He isn’t a power 5 basketball player. Bamisile is a total bust. He’s super athletic, but is a turnover machine and is a awful shooter. His shot is flat and takes off like a rocket.

Interesting that you mentioned those two players specifically. I said a few weeks back that for OU to go Dancing, we need ONE of those two to dramatically pick up their game. At this point, I'm just hoping to be wrong. It's a new calendar year, so maybe one of them will turn their game around...but we need better play from the two-position.

I believe we are well-coached...but as we all know, part of coaching is recruiting / signing the talent.

Interesting that you mentioned those two players specifically. I said a few weeks back that for OU to go Dancing, we need ONE of those two to dramatically pick up their game. At this point, I'm just hoping to be wrong. It's a new calendar year, so maybe one of them will turn their game around...but we need better play from the two-position.

I believe we are well-coached...but as we all know, part of coaching is recruiting / signing the talent.

Very true about the coaching part. Noland wasn't Moser's recruit, but Bamisile was. The only thing I would say is that Bamisile looked good on tape, and he performed at a high level at his previous school. Moser probably didn't have the time to dig into his game too much because he needed to fill holes left by Harkless and Gibson.

And I would agree that his team will not make the big tournament in March if they don't get more help from the other guards. SOMEONE needs to step up and help Sherfield. God forbid if Sherfield has a couple of off games in conference. OU has no chance of winning if that happens.

I haven't many games this year but from the few I seen, OU does not look very
athletic at all. I was in Arkansas when OU played the hogs, the Arkansas radio guys
was saying hogs doing things that this OU team is not capable of doing, I think it was running down the court and playing above the rim sort of thing

Back