Lloyd Noble.....

boomer0187

Reaction score
Will there ever come a time that we build a new gym? I know thats asking a lot in this bad economy but I feel if we can ever build a place thats intimidating like Owen field maybe we would really have something special.
Anybody have 40 to 80 million laying around? lol,lol.

Re: Loyd Noble.....

I wish OU would get a new place for hoops but it won't happen any time soon. If I ever win the lottery, Ill donate the first million to start the fundraising.

I think that renovating the LNC is more likely than building a new gym.

Record-wise, LNC is just a notch above the best. Heck, it may even be the best. OU has had a few home winning streak records over the last decade. Our non-conference home winning streak at one time was tops in the country, if I'm not mistaken.

Record-wise, LNC is just a notch above the best. Heck, it may even be the best. OU has had a few home winning streak records over the last decade. Our non-conference home winning streak at one time was tops in the country, if I'm not mistaken.

this .. LNC is a very good place to watch a game ... there is no bad seat in the house (try watching a game from the last row at gia) adn it can get very very loud when it is full and the fans are into the game ...

it will be renovated sometime in the next 5 years IMHO

I would trade the donors that don't show up for the games over getting a new arena anyday....

We need better fans not a better arena.

As TU stated, OU has absolutely dominated at home since the inception of the LNC. The Sooners have the second highest winning % in the Big 12 since the LNC has been built (second only to Kansas).

That said, just some changes (like making the seats all the same color, knocking out the north floor wall so that the student section is connected, moving the media to the eastside (directly behind the scorers table) and putting students on either side of the south baseline, and finding a way to either add a ribbonboard or some boxes to an upper baseline) would make the LNC much more user/basketball friendly.

Last edited:
It seems like we have this conversation constantly. The LNC isn't going anywhere people. The university has poured quite a bit of money into additions/improvements/renovations at the LNC the past 10 years and you don't do that just to abandon it. If ou gets a new bball facility it will be decades from now.

It seems like we have this conversation constantly. The LNC isn't going anywhere people. The university has poured quite a bit of money into additions/improvements/renovations at the LNC the past 10 years and you don't do that just to abandon it. If ou gets a new bball facility it will be decades from now.

and when OU built the practice facilities that meant the LNC or that area of the campus would be home to OU basketball for a long time.

and when OU built the practice facilities that meant the LNC or that area of the campus would be home to OU basketball for a long time.

The practice courts are the primary reason I don't the LNC is going anywhere soon.

Even if you assume OU can knock over the LNC and build on the same spot (to keep the practice courts), where would OU play for a season? If they planned to play in OKC, they better plan to bus students to the games. Not having several thousand students at home games would be a huge, huge mistake.

We had the longest overall (not just non-conference) home winning streak in the country in 2003, I think it was, when that point guard from ut (sheesh, my memory's failing me) went on a late-game tear to give the horns a comeback win over us. That was Hollis Price's last home game, as I recall it.

Last edited:

We had the longest overall (not just non-conference) home winning streak in the country in 2003, I think it was, when that point guard from ut (sheesh, my memory's failing me) went on a late-game tear to give the horns an comeback win over us. That was Hollis Price's last home game, as I recall it.

T.J. Ford?

Back