Love this fire

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
You think Bird likes being a Sooner?

gallery_photo

Him and WW will love playing with each other because they have a similar competitive nature.

i know i go overboard about the guy, and the people sitting around me probably thought i was crazy with how much i was yelling for him and flopping my 3-point wings. but the thing that shocked me were the flashes of leadership he showed in his first game. like in the second half, he had the ball above the arc and dumped it down to tiny in the low post. he immediately started to yell, encouraging tiny to take his man and score on him. his reaction in that picture was also something you saw a lot when one of his teammates on the floor made a nice play or drew a foul/&1.

on the other end of the spectrum, orlando allen. bigtime, do you know if everything is ok with him, on and off the court? i didn't like his body language at all, and didn't look like the same orlando we saw last year, attitude-wise. i didn't want to start a thread about it cuz i don't mean to make a big deal of it. just want to know if all is well with big O.

I am not sure what is up with Orlando.

But back to Pledger, what a find by Coach Capel. Both of the major recruiting sites gave Steve almost no respect.

Pledger is the ***t. What a find is right. Very impressive kid.

Is it to early to start the 3 point countdown to Pledger breaking the big xii record?

Is it to early to start the 3 point countdown to Pledger breaking the big xii record?

Never.

Three-point field goals in a season: Pledger is 115 away and counting down.
Big 12 Record Books said:
120 - AJ Abrams - Texas

Three-point field goals in a career: Pledger is 333 away and counting down.
Big 12 Record Books said:
338 Jeff Boschee-KU, 1998-02
332 Clarence Gilbert-MU, 1998-02
279 John Lucas-BU/OSU, 2001-05
270 Jake Sullivan-ISU, 2001-04
268 Cary Cochran-NU, 1999-02

Last edited:

He will have to duke it out with Lace Dunn this year.. Dunn is currently 10-20 from the 3pt line in just two games. He is going to be firing them up like a mad-man all season, and he is going to make a lot of them.

I can't wait to see him play. Everything I hear is awesome and he's going to be a major player in the Big 12.

Me and the 4 others I was with were all in complete agreement that we were a better team when he came in for Crocker and Fitz came in for Wright. (I'm not sure who wouldn't agree after this game and the exhibition)

It's hard to believe our best line-up is going to be 4 freshmen and a Sophomore.

It's hard to believe our best line-up is going to be 4 freshmen and a Sophomore.

It's amazing!

I DO think, come Big XII time, the upperclassmen will have to lead this team as the season just becomes such a grind on young players...

I am not sure what is up with Orlando.

But back to Pledger, what a find by Coach Capel. Both of the major recruiting sites gave Steve almost no respect.

Is he starting to see the writing on the wall? Sometimes guys change when they see they probably won't be a major factor on the team.

That sucks if this is the case because he is great on the bench and always the first one up to tell the guys good job on TO's or subs. OU needs a guy like him to keep the guys positive and cheering for them. THose type of guys are contagious for the rest of the guys when they are out.

Hopefully he was just sick and will be back to his usual self next game. As BigTime knows, I have never been high on his basketball skills but I do think he plays a vital part on the team.

there is no question, the 4 Frosh and WW was our best lineup. I couldn't help feel a little sorry for Orlando and Ray as well. They have just been recruited past. Hopefully they can hang in there and find a way to contribute.

It's amazing!

I DO think, come Big XII time, the upperclassmen will have to lead this team as the season just becomes such a grind on young players...
Yea that's definitely true. What will help the underclassmen is our non-conference schedule.

Back