Magic Johnson as a General Manager

No, but he's made it very clear he intends to. He'd be walking away from the supermax dollars, and if he left two teams in two consecutive years he would be inviting a reputation he'd much rather avoid. He all but forced his way to LA.

Count me as a skeptic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More of a skeptic that this push’s then over the hump to a NBA Championship next year. I’m not a Laker hater. I just don’t have a warm fuzzy feeling.

More of a skeptic that this push’s then over the hump to a NBA Championship next year. I’m not a Laker hater. I just don’t have a warm fuzzy feeling.

I'm buying them as a contender, but we'll have to see how the rest of the offseason unfolds before I call them favorites.

We've been teasing this Celtic fan at work; now he goes around yelling "LeBron is trash!" all day.:)

man I can't think of a turnover so drastic. Boston looked to be poised to be a contender for years. Ainge was a genius and Stevens was the man.

man I can't think of a turnover so drastic. Boston looked to be poised to be a contender for years. Ainge was a genius and Stevens was the man.

Ainge has become so obsessed with winning every trade that he is losing the war. He's been hoarding assets, but when it came time to cash in, he became too attached to actually extract the value he should have. I wouldn't be surprised if "Pyrrhic Victories" soon became known as "Ainge Victories" in NBA circles.

Barring something short of a Kawhi miracle FA pitch (I'd be shocked if he ended anywhere other than Toronto or LA), this team is absolutely toast. Major rebuild coming.

Report from Yahoo Sports that The Lakers are interested in D'Angelo Russell as a free agent. The Lakers are now officially in The Twilight Zone.

Report from Yahoo Sports that The Lakers are interested in D'Angelo Russell as a free agent. The Lakers are now officially in The Twilight Zone.

I kinda hope it's true, but Lakers have been linked to every FA since the advent of twitter.

I kinda hope it's true, but Lakers have been linked to every FA since the advent of twitter.

This is as per Wojnarowski. Nets have to sign Kyrie, then The Nets renounce their rights to D'Angelo, and then The Lakers sign him as their third star. This also would mean that two of three Lakers' star players would be fairly youthful.;)

Woj is finally admitting that the Lakers are in the race for Kawhi. We may never hear from him or Bill Simmons again if that happens. That would be icing on the cake.

Sounds like Boston may be able to save face (to some extent) with Kemba. They won't be contenders anytime soon, but they'll be mildly relevant if they pull that off.

LA now has max cap space for Kawhi or Kyrie. As expected, the media was freaking out about nothing. They already had enough for DLo (or the silly "split the money for role players" idea clueless media keep yacking about), so I think they have their sights set higher.

Don't ever hitch your wagon to Kyrie. That guy can torpedo any locker room.

It's deeper than that. Stevens was showing favoritism to his Butler buddy, and it ruffled the feathers of a lot of the younger players. They weren't content going back to their reduced roles, especially since Hayward didn't earn his spot back.

Sounds like Boston may be able to save face (to some extent) with Kemba. They won't be contenders anytime soon, but they'll be mildly relevant if they pull that off.

LA now has max cap space for Kawhi or Kyrie. As expected, the media was freaking out about nothing. They already had enough for DLo (or the silly "split the money for role players" idea clueless media keep yacking about), so I think they have their sights set higher.

LMAO

Save face? Kemba was awesome when he was going to the Lakers, but now it would be saving face for Boston? Give me a break. He'll produce at only a slightly lower level than KI, but he'll do it with a game and attitude that is a MUCH better fit for the current Boston roster.

Leonard and Irving are not going to the Lakers. You better hope you land DLo, b/c that is your last hope at getting somebody close to that level to pair with Lebron and Davis.

Walker, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Capela/Adams
vs
DLo, ?????, Lebron, Kuz, Davis

Lakers MIGHT have an edge for a year or two, but after that, I'm taking Boston. Boston still has the Memphis pick next year (or the year after). We'll see how it plays out, but Boston is likely going to be a better team next year than they were this year.

It's deeper than that. Stevens was showing favoritism to his Butler buddy, and it ruffled the feathers of a lot of the younger players. They weren't content going back to their reduced roles, especially since Hayward didn't earn his spot back.

Absolute BS.

Hayward started 18 games. Plenty of All-Star caliber players are given their starting spots back before earning it. They thought he was ready. He wasn't. 18 games. Plenty of time for anybody that got butt-hurt over him starting to get over it. 18 games. That is less than 25%. KI was the problem. Watch and see next year.

LMAO

Save face? Kemba was awesome when he was going to the Lakers, but now it would be saving face for Boston? Give me a break. He'll produce at only a slightly lower level than KI, but he'll do it with a game and attitude that is a MUCH better fit for the current Boston roster.

When did I ever say anything bad about Kemba? I love Kemba, and in some ways, I'd prefer the Lakers to get him over Kyrie (mainly for durability). But does Kemba replace Kyrie AND Horford (and Morris and Rozier)? Nope.

Leonard and Irving are not going to the Lakers.

Just like they won't get Anthony Davis? :chestram2:

Walker, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Capela/Adams
vs
DLo, ?????, Lebron, Kuz, Davis

You don't even have an elementary understanding of the salary cap.

Absolute BS.

Hayward started 18 games. Plenty of All-Star caliber players are given their starting spots back before earning it. They thought he was ready. He wasn't. 18 games. Plenty of time for anybody that got butt-hurt over him starting to get over it. 18 games. That is less than 25%. KI was the problem. Watch and see next year.

Masslive is your go-to website (along with hiphopsports.com), right?

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/20...ard-like-no-adjustments-that-can-be-made.html

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-brad-stevens-dedication-gordon-032947835.html

Back