Mardracus Wade to

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Pelphrey and Arky. Big hit for Mizzou, as he was one of their top guys. I sure hope they get Phil Pressey for Mike Anderson's sake.

Pelphrey and Arky. Big hit for Mizzou, as he was one of their top guys. I sure hope they get Phil Pressey for Mike Anderson's sake.

To make matters worse for the Tigers, Tarik Black (a guy OU was also looking at from Memphis) has narrowed it down to Miami and Memphis. He was somebody else that Mizzou was really in on.

Ouch, thought he was going to Mizzou..

They need to get Pressey and/or Rickey Scott.

That is, if we want them to succeed.

Well yea, they would probably be fine either way though...

PG: Mike Dixon (Freshman)
SG: Marcus Denmon (soph)
SG: Kim English (soph)
PF: Laurence Bowers (soph)
C: Keith Dewitt (freshman)

They are pretty loaded on young, talented players for the next 3-4 years....

Wade was actually not very high on Anderson's list at this point. Supposedly he didn't even have an offer at this point. He was at the MU elite camp and his attitude really turned Anderson off.

It looks like Anderson's putting all of his point guard eggs in the Phil Pressey basket. Things look pretty good for MU with Pressey, though.

It's also not a surprise that Black's off the board. I don't think Anderson was counting on him giving MU much of a chance. Justin Jackson seems to be the top high school post guy on CMA's list right now. http://missouri.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=82099&Sport=2 (despite not being listed here, MU is on his short list in the most recent update)

Aside from Scott, Anderson also appears high on Rashad Perkins and Victor Oladipo. Ricardo Ratliffe is another new name (6-8 juco PF who averaged 26/11 last season).

Wade was actually not very high on Anderson's list at this point. Supposedly he didn't even have an offer at this point. He was at the MU elite camp and his attitude really turned Anderson off.

It looks like Anderson's putting all of his point guard eggs in the Phil Pressey basket. Things look pretty good for MU with Pressey, though.

It's also not a surprise that Black's off the board. I don't think Anderson was counting on him giving MU much of a chance. Justin Jackson seems to be the top high school post guy on CMA's list right now. http://missouri.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=82099&Sport=2 (despite not being listed here, MU is on his short list in the most recent update)

Aside from Scott, Anderson also appears high on Rashad Perkins and Victor Oladipo. Ricardo Ratliffe is another new name (6-8 juco PF who averaged 26/11 last season).

I am not going to pretend that I know a lot about Anderson's recruiting, but I am pretty sure you guys wanted Wade.

Here was an interview on the kid from a mizzou website a few days ago in which he lists his favorite three:

[/QUOTE]
Wade is not yet ready to name a favorite, but a trio of schools seem to have separated themselves.

"Arkansas, Missouri and Mississippi State," Wade said. "It will probably be a couple more weeks till I commit."[/QUOTE]

It sounds to me like he liked Mizzou and they liked him as of August 4th....

Loaded enough to win a Big 12 championship.

I know Wade had MU in his recent top 3, but what he says to rivals and what's really going on aren't necessarily the same thing. I don't doubt that he had some interest in MU, but I don't think the interest was entirely mutual at this point. Had he been ok with waiting, perhaps MU would have been an option, but I don't think it really was at this point.

Loaded enough to win a Big 12 championship.

I know Wade had MU in his recent top 3, but what he says to rivals and what's really going on aren't necessarily the same thing. I don't doubt that he had some interest in MU, but I don't think the interest was entirely mutual at this point. Had he been ok with waiting, perhaps MU would have been an option, but I don't think it really was at this point.

Fair enough, but you could see how I would take it as a sour grapes type deal. Too often fans say, "we backed off the kid" or "He wasn't really a top priority".

This isn't originating with MU fans. It came from Eric Bossi, a scout.com guy with no real interest either way.

Ricardo Ratliffe is another new name (6-8 juco PF who averaged 26/11 last season).

Yes, but he has pretty much the entire SEC along with Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Missouri from the Big 12 after him..

He would be a huge get for Mike Anderson, but I would love to see Capel make a real run at Ratliffe. He would start at OU next year from day one.

Back