MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

To build on this, I was told Hughley is likely leaving which has helped my optimism on Garrison. The person is someone who would likely know but also someone who doesn’t say stuff unless it’s coming from a very good source.
Wow. I don't get why Hugley would leave.

To build on this, I was told Hughley is likely leaving which has helped my optimism on Garrison. The person is someone who would likely know but also someone who doesn’t say stuff unless it’s coming from a very good source.
I wish someone would tell these kids that going to a new system every year is not helping. I hate it for the kids...so short sighted

If Sam is coming back, then a Hugely for Garrison trade is something you do 11 times out of 10.

I might be in the minority here but him leaving would make a lot of sense. OU is clearly recruiting a starting big (Garrison #1, Amari Williams, and I'd expect another guy or two to possibly emerge - depends on departures/Garrison). Hugley likely wants to find more minutes, probably more $ (IDK).

You could add a kid like this to pair with Garrison (and Godwin, Luke, others).

I might be in the minority here but him leaving would make a lot of sense. OU is clearly recruiting a starting big (Garrison #1, Amari Williams, and I'd expect another guy or two to possibly emerge - depends on departures/Garrison). Hugley likely wants to find more minutes, probably more $ (IDK).

This is basically what my mindset has been the whole time and what has made me feel good about Garrison.

I mean, the dude couldn't beat out Godwin, who most of us agree should be playing about 15 mins. per game as a backup. Hugley obviously has some potential, as shown at Pitt when he was healthy and in a few games this season, but overall, his season was a disappointment. Maybe he can get in shape and become a more consistent difference maker, but he probably sees the writing on the wall.

I mean, the dude couldn't beat out Godwin, who most of us agree should be playing about 15 mins. per game as a backup. Hugley obviously has some potential, as shown at Pitt when he was healthy and in a few games this season, but overall, his season was a disappointment. Maybe he can get in shape and become a more consistent difference maker, but he probably sees the writing on the wall.
Exactly. I'd rather OU get more athletic. More "springier".

Oweh is expected to portal today per Joe Tipton (ON3).
Will be interesting to see where he goes and how he develops. If you would have told me before the season, or even two months ago, that we would lose him, I would have been very disappointed. Athletically, he is the kind of guy we need. But given how badly he regressed, I find it hard to believe he would have become a consistently good player under Moser. Under a different coach, in a system better suited to take advantage of his talent, and surrounded by good shooters, it won't shock me if he goes on to have a very good career.

Think you’re alone in that thinking.
Good kid. Still has a lot of potential.

Personally, I'd rather add a kid like Gibson Jimerson (doesn't have to be him). Someone who is dependable and mature. Or you could say, a more refined basketball player and not just an athlete. And then, give more minutes to Cooper (assuming he stays).

Good kid. Still has a lot of potential.

Personally, I'd rather add a kid like Gibson Jimerson (doesn't have to be him). Someone who is dependable and mature. And then, give more minutes to Cooper (assuming he stays).
I want someone that can shoot better than me and frankly not sure Oweh can.

If you can’t dribble the ball in traffic then I don’t want you on my team. Bye lol

Will be interesting to see where he goes and how he develops. If you would have told me before the season, or even two months ago, that we would lose him, I would have been very disappointed. Athletically, he is the kind of guy we need. But given how badly he regressed, I find it hard to believe he would have become a consistently good player under Moser. Under a different coach, in a system better suited to take advantage of his talent, and surrounded by good shooters, it won't shock me if he goes on to have a very good career.
100% agree, sometimes one just needs to reset & a fresh start. Last two months were so rough from where he was in late December.

Back