MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

He never really developed into a back to the basket center like i thought he would. seemed afraid to post up in big games he did play, and a bit too unathletic for the Big 12 to make an impact anyway. this being said i'm still sad he's leaving. What is it about Moser that makes it so hard to be loyal? Put all the NIL money aside, you don't see many defectors out, if any, on the women's team...is it just that the men aren't as loyal these days? We'll prob need to overhaul the roster yet again and start from scratch. Hope we keep the rest of the guys but i doubt it at this point.

He never really developed into a back to the basket center like i thought he would. seemed afraid to post up in big games he did play, and a bit too unathletic for the Big 12 to make an impact anyway. this being said i'm still sad he's leaving. What is it about Moser that makes it so hard to be loyal? Put all the NIL money aside, you don't see many defectors out, if any, on the women's team...is it just that the men aren't as loyal these days? We'll prob need to overhaul the roster yet again and start from scratch. Hope we keep the rest of the guys but i doubt it at this point.
The women are winning, going to the tourney, and playing a fun brand of basketball. The men . . . are not. But I don't think you can ignore the NIL impact -- there is obviously more of it to go around in the men's game.

Women's vs. men's are apples and oranges. The $ are much more dynamic on the men's side. Looks like we will probably have at least 3 players enter the portal, but this isn't exclusive just to OU. I mean look at some of the players entering the portal. There are tons of STARTERS who are entering left and right. Heck, TCU had a good year and they already have two key players who have entered the portal. It's not like this issue is exclusive to PM like some want to believe.

JP Pegues, another kid OU has contacted...

Visiting South Carolina and Auburn this weekend/next week.

Hugley was a decent backup at 5, but I kinda like the idea of emptying out the 5 spot entirely. Should help significantly with portal recruiting. Nothing beats a million dollars of NIL, but 40 minutes of open playing time is a solid second.

Back