MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

Not sure where the Manhattan info came from but Custer is from the KC area. He played HS ball at Blue Valley NW HS in Overland Park KS.
You’re right! It’s Kansas, it’s all the same. I remember him either being committed to K State or leaning there at one time.

Then every coach at the college and pro level of every sport is a good coach.

That's dumb.

Not every coach gets to the Final Four. That doesn't happen by accident. The guy can obviously coach.

You can dislike Moser all you want but to say he can't coach is not true. There are plenty of things I don't like about his style but your personal dislike for him doesn't make him a bad coach.

Not every coach gets to the Final Four. That doesn't happen by accident. The guy can obviously coach.

You can dislike Moser all you want but to say he can't coach is not true. There are plenty of things I don't like about his style but your personal dislike for him doesn't make him a bad coach.
Nah, his overall results for two decades does that.

Took Jim Calhoun and Jim Boeheim 27 years to win a title, took Lute Olson 24 years, took Jay Wright 22 years, took Dean Smith 21 years, and took John Calipari 20 years.
A title? A title? I just want to make the Dance and finish in the top half of the league. Two things Moser hasn’t managed to do yet.

How long did it take those guys to do that?

So you're saying there isn't much difference between college basketball now and the last 20+ years?? roflmao.
I’m saying Lon probably would have done even better if he had some money that could legally go to players. If you guys think Porter has one arm tied behind his back because other schools have more money, Lon had both arms tied because other schools were paying under the table and we didn’t play that game.

And I appreciate the compliment in your other post. I’m perfectly fine being called the worst poster on the board by the circle jerk crew. Pretty much everything I predicted about this team and coach has come true, but like I said, keep telling yourself that our coach has things on the right track.

Last edited:
So you think LKs last three years were a lot better than what we have now?
Lon’s last three years; 55-37 and three tourneys. .598 winning percentage. 3 games under .500 in league.

Moser: 54-45 and a big goose egg. .545 winning percentage. 14 games under .500 in league.

But hey, I’m weird. I think winning more games and making the tourney are meaningful. YMMV.

You would have fired Jay Wright. You would have fired Jim Calhoun. You would have fired Lute Olson at Iowa.
Those guys had accomplished a lot in those 20 years, just not a title. Calhoun practically built the UConn program from scratch and had several conference titles and tourney success. Lute Olsen won a **** ton Of games and pac titles. Jay wright rebuilt Nova into a powerhouse in the big east. All of those guys were tremendously successful in those 20 years leading up to a title.

Moser has one good season in 20+ years with many bad seasons. That’s not anywhere near the same.

Lon’s last three years; 55-37 and three tourneys. .598 winning percentage. 3 games under .500 in league.

Moser: 54-45 and a big goose egg. .545 winning percentage. 14 games under .500 in league.

But hey, I’m weird. I think winning more games and making the tourney are meaningful. YMMV.
Now do his last five years

Now do his last five years
Hahaha I responded directly to your post! The criteria you set! I proved how wrong you were so you just change the criteria. In another couple years, when Porter is 0 for 5 (or hopefully 0 for 4 and onto a new job after being fired), I’ll be happy to compare their five years.

Hahaha I responded directly to your post! The criteria you set! I proved how wrong you were so you just change the criteria. In another couple years, when Porter is 0 for 5 (or hopefully 0 for 4 and onto a new job after being fired), I’ll be happy to compare their five years.
I don’t see a big difference between the level of play the last 6 years. I’ve already made that clear. And I think the numbers show that as a team we have not seen much difference.

What do the nets look like?

I don’t see a big difference between the level of play the last 6 years. I’ve already made that clear. And I think the numbers show that as a team we have not seen much difference.

What do the nets look like?
The good thing about sports is there is a scoreboard that tells us which team wins. And I’ll safely guess that the committee of people who pick the tournament field has a lot more info, and has watched a lot more games of every team, than you.

Back