MBB Transfer Portal Thread: Moser Year 4

No he’s not. I love Sam but he’s basically the same player he’s been since he got here, he can’t hit an 8 foot shot and lets the other team play 5 on 4. We had Soares and Moore for one year so I can’t see how you can say we developed them. Did Darthard develop? Not really. Our guards have been abysmal.
Darthard... I said our guards haven't, so thanks for agreeing where we agreed initially?

You are 100% incorrect on Soares and Moore. Soares per40 numbers are up (rebs, pts, %) almost across the board while starting less games.

Moore's numbers as well... pts, rebs, and all his percentages for the most part.

If you think improvement doesn't come with some development, don't know what to tell you.

It’s hilarious that the argument here is “oh no we HAVE developed our players! Look at Godwin, he plays better defense now!”

These players have barely developed a bit in Moser’s three years here. I realize a lot of that has to do with player turnover but it is what it is.

Godwin, I will concede, I was incorrect on. He has been the same player for 4 years.

But our forwards have absolutely improved this year. Especially considering they played better at the end of the year. (Darthard too, but doesn't count in this instance.)

Not sure why we result to "hahaha hilarious!" when trying to have a factual discussion or discourse. Just bc someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean you have to act like WT.

Darthard... I said our guards haven't, so thanks for agreeing where we agreed initially?

You are 100% incorrect on Soares and Moore. Soares per40 numbers are up (rebs, pts, %) almost across the board while starting less games.

Moore's numbers as well... pts, rebs, and all his percentages for the most part.

If you think improvement doesn't come with some development, don't know what to tell you.

Godwin, I will concede, I was incorrect on. He has been the same player for 4 years.

But our forwards have absolutely improved this year. Especially considering they played better at the end of the year. (Darthard too, but doesn't count in this instance.)

Not sure why we result to "hahaha hilarious!" when trying to have a factual discussion or discourse. Just bc someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean you have to act like WT.
Okay fine, we’ve developed two guys and I was wrong.

What I find humorous is guys going somewhere in the portal and have a good year and people on here tack that up as them getting "developed" elsewhere.

You do realize not a lot of "development" happens at this level, right? That won't be a popular opinion on here but "development" in college is not drastically changing players....yes you can improve some things and work on certain aspects of their game but it is more about fit and scheme.

Probably the biggest development is body and strength/athleticism. Yea, you work on your weaknesses (i.e. 3 point shooting, etc) but most players are being "developed" in one year in another program.

What I find humorous is guys going somewhere in the portal and have a good year and people on here tack that up as them getting "developed" elsewhere.

You do realize not a lot of "development" happens at this level, right? That won't be a popular opinion on here but "development" in college is not drastically changing players....yes you can improve some things and work on certain aspects of their game but it is more about fit and scheme.

Probably the biggest development is body and strength/athleticism. Yea, you work on your weaknesses (i.e. 3 point shooting, etc) but most players are being "developed" in one year in another program.
I assume a guy at that level can learn to hit an 8 foot shot but maybe I need to reset my expectations.

I assume a guy at that level can learn to hit an 8 foot shot but maybe I need to reset my expectations.

Touche.....fair assessment. LOL

I was just saying development you see at thislevel is more incremental....like you won't take a mediocre shooter and make him a great shooter, etc

JM and Milos didn’t improve because they were at odds and it killed team chemistry. The two PG lineup back fired and that’s on the coaches. Strategic fail. Both played below expectations.

Oweh regressed later in the year bc he had a hard time adjusting his game to better competition (but actually improved at the end of the year once it was too late). But you can’t deny that he was a materially better player this year vs last year (and will probably be a better player next year too). All in, he was in line to above expectations.

Moore absolutely improved through the year and vs last year. Credit him and credit the coaches for putting him in a position to succeed. He was better than anyone expected.

Soares also improved through the year and vs last year - he started at Oregon but managed to consistently improve. Beat expectations.

Godwin is what he is — but he did what he was asked to do and was solid enough on offensive boards. In line with expectations.

Hugley had his moments, but ultimately didn’t have the conditioning needed to contribute. That’s on him, but also a poor eval. Hope we didn’t waste too much NIL. Below expectations.

Darthard was also up and down, but he did improve through the year. I’d say he met expectations (which were admittedly low).

Cooper didn’t play enough and expectations were higher. That’s on him and the coaches. Hope he gets better next year but for now he’s a miss.

All in - Moore and Soares outplayed expectations. Oweh is debatable but JM, Hugley and Milos underperformed. Godwin in line. I think part of the blame is on the players and part on the coaches. But the coaches should have a better idea today of what works and what doesn’t (hopefully) and it’s good to see the underperformers move on. Hopefully they can be replaced.

I mean, just partially wrong. You were 100% correct on the guards and center. I wasn't trying to attack you, just add a bit of context to your statement earlier.

Or in Oweh's case... Dribble

1712523590153.png

YARN | -What? -What are we doing? | Seinfeld (1989) - S09E21 The Clip Show  (1) (a.k.a. The Chronicle (1)) | Video clips by quotes | 4171a055 | 紗

Back