McDonald's All American selection show on ESPNU now

Sam

Reaction score
Holding out hope that Cam is somehow on the list but I find it really really doubtful at this time. Hope I am surprised though.

Perry Jones is on the East Team's front court, love how all star games redefine directions and borders.

No Cam Clark :( but Ray McCallum made it.

If we are to keep our strek alive got to hope Capel can work some Sooner Magic and pull in Terrence Jones.

I feel bad for Cam. I think he deserved it. Hopefully he comes here next season with a chip on his shoulder.

No Cam Clark :( but Ray McCallum made it.

If we are to keep our strek alive got to hope Capel can work some Sooner Magic and pull in Terrence Jones.

Of all of our "streks" I care the least about this one.

I'm with Banjo. Our success rate with McDAAs hasn't been terribly good, considering these are supposed to be top-notch players (yes, I understand that the jury's still out on a couple of our McDAAs).

I understand that it's good for our program's rep to sign McDAAs and all that, but that doesn't mean much if they don't perform once they get here.

Give me a hungry player who feels he has something to prove over one who's been patted on the back and told he was all that for most of his life.

With all the politics involved, it just doesn't mean that much. Is Cam a less valuable recruit because he didn't get invited to join that particular fraternity? Of course not.

Just give us hard-working solid citizens who can ball, and I'll be happy. Let the hoops world be surprised at how good we are, rather than expecting great things of us with us coming up short.

Every McDonald's All American that we've ever had at OU has been a good player and a key player on a great sooner season. That being said, I do agree that McDonald's All Americans aren't pivotal in having a great team. Two words, Matt Wenstrom. That being said, Cam Clark is definetely more than worthy of being on if not starting on that team. I think he's better than Barton.

Give me 5 Tony Crockers over 2 MDAA's and three other spares

Great, I'll take Blake Griffin, Sherron Collins, Cade Davis, Brady Morningstar and Taylor Griffin and beat you 99 out of 100 times.
This premise that MCDAA's are spoiled brats and headcases is silly. They are no more than the average top 100 recruit. The key is finding the MCDAA type players who also are good kids who want to work hard. Sure you have the guys that are selfish...but for every MCDAA kid that is seemingly that way I can name you an lower half top 100 recruit that is the same way.
Bottom line is you gotta find kids that fit your system. It helps TREMENDOUSLY if those kids are MCDAA types.

Great, I'll take Blake Griffin, Sherron Collins, Cade Davis, Brady Morningstar and Taylor Griffin and beat you 99 out of 100 times.
This premise that MCDAA's are spoiled brats and headcases is silly. They are no more than the average top 100 recruit. The key is finding the MCDAA type players who also are good kids who want to work hard. Sure you have the guys that are selfish...but for every MCDAA kid that is seemingly that way I can name you an lower half top 100 recruit that is the same way.
Bottom line is you gotta find kids that fit your system. It helps TREMENDOUSLY if those kids are MCDAA types.

PREACH!!!!!! :clap

I tend to agree. I want Blake and Reynolds with Damion James, Cade Davis and Michael Neal. I will beat Cheno's team 99 out of 100 times.

Davis, Morningstar and Griffin are spares?

I guess if you like the cycle of one great year, one mediocre year and one bad year over and over then so be it. A team that's good every year is not built on MCDAA's. That one big recruit puts you over the top from a good team to a great team but the foundation of a program is built on guys like Tony Crocker who you can count on for four years.

Greg Swaim has a vote, I am really surprised and disappointed at this turn of events. What the heck has he done to get a vote?
Voter list on page 3

I am not so interested in mcdonalds AA as I am interested in mcdonalds AA talent.....cam is not a mcdonalds AA but he is def have that talent...there are a few guys throughout the years that were that type of talent that didnt make the team.
I believe cam is going to come and and help us so much on both sides of the floor..he plays above the rim and we really need that. TJ seems like a hard nose kid and we are also missing toughness from this team. If we can get one more hard nosed kid and one more really athletic guy this would be an amazing class and be exactly what we needed

I am not so interested in mcdonalds AA as I am interested in mcdonalds AA talent.....cam is not a mcdonalds AA but he is def have that talent...there are a few guys throughout the years that were that type of talent that didnt make the team.
I believe cam is going to come and and help us so much on both sides of the floor..he plays above the rim and we really need that. TJ seems like a hard nose kid and we are also missing toughness from this team. If we can get one more hard nosed kid and one more really athletic guy this would be an amazing class and be exactly what we needed

+1.

Yes!! Now Cam can go off for about 25 in the Jordan Brand All Star Game. Come in with a chip on his shoulder next year for being snubbed in the MCDAA and get Freshman All American and Newcomer of the Year in the Big XII.

Davis, Morningstar and Griffin are spares?

I guess if you like the cycle of one great year, one mediocre year and one bad year over and over then so be it. A team that's good every year is not built on MCDAA's. That one big recruit puts you over the top from a good team to a great team but the foundation of a program is built on guys like Tony Crocker who you can count on for four years.

The foundation of your program is the great players like Blake Griffin, Eduardo Najera, Stacy King, Mookie Blaylock, Hollis Price. Sometimes they are McD's AA's and sometimes they aren't.

The bottom line is the higher level you recruit the more likely you are to have sustained success. There is a reason that certain teams are in the Top 10 every year. It's because they recruit at a high level.

Will every kid who is a Burger Boy pan out? Nope, but they will more often than not. OU has had some bad luck in that regard when you look at attitudes (Warren/Lavendar) but it's not like they have been bad on the court.

Back