Missing NCAA tournament

Are you joking?
So we should fire Capel?
Good grief some of you are rediculous. The season isn't over. Stranger things have happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you joking?
So we should fire Capel?
Good grief some of you are rediculous. The damn season isn't over. Stranger things have happened.

Although I don't see us making the tourney this year, I did see some improvement in the 2nd half and I don't think anyone should be calling for Capel's head. I haven't seen this team progress as quickly as I would like but hopefully the coaching staff can build this team into a winner by the end of the season.

I did see some improvement in the 2nd half

They were playing against a team with a 20 point lead. I didn't see much improvement out of OU and saw UTEP taking a lot of air out of the ball. They could have scored 100+ if they wanted to.

Last edited:
Seriously we are not calling for Capel's head. We are calling for him to develop post depth.

Post depth would do wonders for this team. I think he knows that and I think he knows that Tiny is the only one who can play at a D1 level right now.

I'm not sure what is going on with Fitz but Big O has been off in the head and I'm sure that has been discussed between him and Capel and has to be why he is not getting any playing time right now.

I know I will get bashed for this, but the fact that we have Kyle Hardrick on scholarship is a joke, I would play Gerber before him. Allen and Hardrick provide nothing for this team.

I'm not sure what is going on with Fitz but Big O has been off in the head and I'm sure that has been discussed between him and Capel and has to be why he is not getting any playing time right now.

Common now. I don't know Orlando or anything. But with his size, we might have a chance in the Big12. If I am Capel, I am going to work on Orlando 24 hours a day if needed to get him ready to play quick. You just don't depend on a player to progress by himself, you have to work with him days and nights.

I know I will get bashed for this, but the fact that we have Kyle Hardrick on scholarship is a joke, I would play Gerber before him. Allen and Hardrick provide nothing for this team.

I agree about playing Gerber over him, but Allen could be used for his size, it really isn't that hard to defend in the post for 5 minutes a game.

Common now. I don't know Orlando or anything. But with his size, we might have a chance in the Big12. If I am Capel, I am going to work on Orlando 24 hours a day if needed to get him ready to play quick. You just don't depend on a player to progress by himself, you have to work with him days and nights.

If you are getting paid million of dollars, are you willling to work 18 hours a day?

NCAA has tight practice restrictions...which are even more strict in the offseason. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Back to the OP, I didn't see him call for capel's head, at least not in this thread anyway. He simply said missing the tournament 2 out of every 4 years is unacceptable, and I agree 100%.

Everyone was concerned about post depth going into the season.

Not many people thought realistically that Allen was going to do much but Fitzgerald was such a key being a post with size and bulk. He was a pretty highly thought of kid that can't get off the bench on a team that is playing four guards all the time.

To me, this team has talented players but the whole is not as good as the parts by a long shot.

I have not given up on the season at all but I have not seen enough to provide much hope that this team will make the NCAA's or even get close. I hope I am wrong but I just don't see it.

Back