My Take On This Game...

ben

Reaction score
Just got back from the game.

First of all, give UTEP credit. Yes, we poorly defended, but they hit big time threes and big time jumpers. They hustled, contested shots, and jumped to the sky for rebounds. They are a good team that looked magnificent tonight because they shot lights out.

Second of all, Warren may leave but I hope it's not to go pro. He just seems completely alienated from this team; there were times during the game that felt like he tried as hard as he could to not communicate to the rest of the team. Either he's ashamed, arrogant, or both. Either way, this cannot be tolerated. This is simply not Oklahoma basketball. We know what this college represents, and it's not primadonnas. I know Willie is not as evil as i'm making him out to be--the reason I'm so hard on him is because I know he's a good kid who's just lost right now. I hope he can pick up his act and return to being a team player.

Third, our lack of an inside game stuck out like a gashing wound...BUT give Tiny credit. I love that guy's attitude. You can tell he really cares and during the second half I could just see the agony behind his eyes. Just knowing that he is pissed off about what is transpiring is a good sign. He loves the team. So does Mason-Griffin.

Finally, poor Crocker. Give it up to this guy. He stayed in the class that everyone else ditched and ended up giving us great memories over his career. Unfortunately, I don't know if he is going to have a shot at the post-season this year. And it's a damn shame--Crocker deserves a winning team with the effort he's shown out there. A true Oklahoma Sooner.

It's going to be a hard year, but band together Sooners. These young men need our support, and all of this agony will be repaid. In a couple years, Tiny and Tommy will be grinning, not grimacing.

Good post.... I agree with you on most of it, and especially for Crocker. I felt bad for him when Moultrie or Caracter would shove him out of the way or push him out for a rebound or post move. When he has a guy like that on him (and its about to happen a lot), he can't do anything and has to hope for a charge or a miss. He is being put in a bad spot on defense and it sucks to watch him matched up with guys like that.

First I agree you have to give credit to UTEP, based on tonight (shooting lights out) they have a tremendous team.

But I don't think people are giving them enough credit. You are talking about 4 transfers (UL, ASU, Memphis?) Major college talent and exprience playing in El Paso, with a head coach that was an assistant at Memphis.

And as we have seen shooting well (and playing well - ball movement) will make everyone look very good.

I think the most important thing tonight was Tiny and TMG. It looked like they both grew up a little tonight (we can only hope) Tiny was visibly pissed and played harder and more determined in the second half. Tmg was also unhappy about getting beat the UTEP pg and played harder. Instead of pouting or self-abuse, they played harder instead of giving up. I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the practice gym after the game

Maybe this experience will carry forward

I just got back.

The chemistry problems are a lot worse than I thought they were. Crock did some yelling at WW during the second 1/2 when OU was making the run. This team is not together.

The chemistry problems are a lot worse than I thought they were. Crock did some yelling at WW during the second 1/2 when OU was making the run. This team is not together.

I saw that.

I think the most important thing tonight was Tiny and TMG. It looked like they both grew up a little tonight (we can only hope) Tiny was visibly pissed and played harder and more determined in the second half. Tmg was also unhappy about getting beat the UTEP pg and played harder. Instead of pouting or self-abuse, they played harder instead of giving up. I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the practice gym after the game

Maybe this experience will carry forward

exactly! I love their heart.

Seriously f this year.. The football season made me look forward to ou basketball my number 1 love and then we all had to realize that we are in for a long year.. It reminds me of when Kelly, iggy, manny, and everyones favorite QB were all freshmen.. They came together in the end.. Let's hold it together guys it will come!

This. Tiny and TMG did not look good in the first half, but they took it upon themselves to step-up and play better in the second half. There is no response from a freshman in that situation that could be better. They took getting beaten by athletic experienced players personally and really stepped up their play. I hope we see the team ready to go in Spokane. At this point, I don't think we will win, but I really want to see a game from this team where they make an opponent miserable for 40 minutes.

Back