My thoughts on a frustrating loss

skyvue

Reaction score
Nothing to see here--please delete

Please delete! I clicked on the wrong tab (and posted on the wrong board)!

Last edited:
That was quite a no call in the end zone on Drake

#1 Reason: Turnovers killed us.
#2 Reason: We really missed Anthony, Stuttsman, and other injured players.
#3 Reason: It's a good thing we aren't going to Stoolwater anymore. The refs would really have to work hard to be worse than they were today.

That was quite a no call in the end zone on Drake

I doubt we'll ever leave the SEC, but if we do, let's not give them three years' notice. We knew back in 2021 that we were going to be on the short end of these calls. The officiating in the Texas - KSU game was just as bad. There was no way the conference would allow an OU-UT rematch in the CCG. It's now likely going to be UT-OSU. If the officiating is good in that game, it will only be because UT can bring them a lot of extra money for making the playoffs.

BV's coaching legacy rests on what he does with Lebby and the offense. I think BV is the guy, but there are definite changes that need to be made.

My thoughts are that I’m glad we are a basketball school now, and the season starts tomorrow :dance005:

Re: Nothing to see here--please delete

Please delete! I clicked on the wrong tab (and posted on the wrong board)!

I will still like to hear your thoughts. Even on a basketball board.

#1 Reason: Turnovers killed us.
#2 Reason: We really missed Anthony, Stuttsman, and other injured players.
#3 Reason: It's a good thing we aren't going to Stoolwater anymore. The refs would really have to work hard to be worse than they were today.

Agreed on all counts.

BV's coaching legacy rests on what he does with Lebby and the offense. I think BV is the guy, but there are definite changes that need to be made.

You are nuts if you think BV will fire Lebby or anyone else on the offense. There isn’t a single person who deserves to shoulder the blame of the last few weeks. It has been a collective failure both players/coaches alike. The rebuild is ongoing whether we like it or not.

BV wouldn't been my first pick but I will give another year to the guy...I think there are many many problems going on with this team and coaches

You are nuts if you think BV will fire Lebby or anyone else on the offense. There isn’t a single person who deserves to shoulder the blame of the last few weeks. It has been a collective failure both players/coaches alike. The rebuild is ongoing whether we like it or not.

The two losses are not the result of a rebuild, but bad playcalling and execution on offense. Now obviously Lebby isn't to blame for all of it, but a big chunk of it imo. This isn't a football board, so my only rebuttal is that Lebby may not be good enough and BV may have to make a tough decision sooner rather than later. If the offense struggles against Big 12 defenses then think how tough it will be against SEC defenses.

The two losses are not the result of a rebuild, but bad playcalling and execution on offense. Now obviously Lebby isn't to blame for all of it, but a big chunk of it imo. This isn't a football board, so my only rebuttal is that Lebby may not be good enough and BV may have to make a tough decision sooner rather than later. If the offense struggles against Big 12 defenses then think how tough it will be against SEC defenses.

Lebby is serious unintelligent and i wonder if BV is too. BV still doesnt understand how to utilize timeouts or gameflow at the end of games (that may be Lebby actually, but still BV as his boss). Lebby is a failure imo. If BV doesnt move on i fear for BVs future

I doubt we'll ever leave the SEC, but if we do, let's not give them three years' notice. We knew back in 2021 that we were going to be on the short end of these calls. The officiating in the Texas - KSU game was just as bad. There was no way the conference would allow an OU-UT rematch in the CCG. It's now likely going to be UT-OSU. If the officiating is good in that game, it will only be because UT can bring them a lot of extra money for making the playoffs.

Let's also not forget when texas went to stillwater last year and lost the penalty game 14-0 lol

Lebby is serious unintelligent and i wonder if BV is too. BV still doesnt understand how to utilize timeouts or gameflow at the end of games (that may be Lebby actually, but still BV as his boss). Lebby is a failure imo. If BV doesnt move on i fear for BVs future

I think the defense is in a good spot.
Offense looks good on paper but is a mess. In crucial moments they can't produce. Playcalling is very odd. personnel decisions are very odd.

I don't think Lebby is unintelligent. I think he is very prideful and thinks he is the smartest man in the stadium

Actually, the offense has come through in the clutch a few times this year (the texas games stands out). And the offense was on the verge of coming through in the clutch on Saturday, but a terrible non-call on one drive (we should have had first-and-goal at the one) and a theft of two or three key yards on the final drive played key roles. It's hardly been perfect, though, I agree.

Actually, the offense has come through in the clutch a few times this year (the texas games stands out). And the offense was on the verge of coming through in the clutch on Saturday, but a terrible non-call on one drive (we should have had first-and-goal at the one) and a theft of two or three key yards on the final drive played key roles. It's hardly been perfect, though, I agree.

That's true I guess. but they have had chances, even in the texas game, to put the game out of reach against UCF, Kansas, and OSU and failed to do it

I don't know....OU gets the interception and the ball at the 50 up 4. Why not run a pass play??? No, lets do our hurry up and run the ball into the line 3 times....yeah that's the ticket.

It just seems they want to let the defense decide the game.:eddie187_jpg_xs:

I have probably overanalyzed OU Football this year, trying to find a specific reason why we haven't played great since texa$$.

In each game we can all point to a bad call here, a missed opportunity there, bad coaching decision here, boneheaded response there, but what I realized after Saturday is this: We are a decent team, that has looked above average for periods, and certainly show some improvement in several areas from last year.

What we aren't is a great team yet, because great teams finish games and pull out wins when they struggle. I believe our head coach will get us there soon, but I also realize his being a D coordinator for so long means he still is learning complete game management. we are seeing an increase in talent, especially on defense, but our depth still shows flaws when the starters are out. Recruiting is on the upswing, and I believe we will continue to progress. We need to finish strong because if we don't, the hard-to-please crowd will get louder and louder....

I have probably overanalyzed OU Football this year, trying to find a specific reason why we haven't played great since texa$$.

In each game we can all point to a bad call here, a missed opportunity there, bad coaching decision here, boneheaded response there, but what I realized after Saturday is this: We are a decent team, that has looked above average for periods, and certainly show some improvement in several areas from last year.

What we aren't is a great team yet, because great teams finish games and pull out wins when they struggle. I believe our head coach will get us there soon, but I also realize his being a D coordinator for so long means he still is learning complete game management. we are seeing an increase in talent, especially on defense, but our depth still shows flaws when the starters are out. Recruiting is on the upswing, and I believe we will continue to progress. We need to finish strong because if we don't, the hard-to-please crowd will get louder and louder....

well said

Back