My thoughts on the game

soonertboy824

Reaction score
I had top row seats but before the game started snuck past the ushers and got 3 rows up seats haha. Sadly the crowd was just about what i had expected. i was on the opposite side of hte court and could hear :jcapel coaching. Thats not a good thing.

Warren didnt look as dominant offensively as i had expected, but im not the least bit worried about him. My only question about him goin on is that his shot is not pure at all. The ball spins the wrong way in the air and as we all know he shoots from his chin. This is something i could see scouts questioning about him. I thought he did a very good job though as a leader and finding the open man . it was almost like we had a second pg.

I was very impressed with TMG. His shot wasnt falling yesterday but i still thought he looked really good. He has some impressive court vision and he also did a good job getting past the first man and into the lane area. Hes going to be rly good over the next 4 yrs.

Tiny also looked really good imo. he was like 4 of 15 from the field but i dont think those stats are telling. he missed like all of those on one play. His body was in tremendous shape and he didnt appear to be overly fatigued at any point in the game. His rebounding was alot bettter than i had expected it to be and i hope that isnt just bc we were playing mt st mary. My only question with him and the biggest question mark for our team is going to be him staying out of foul trouble. loved the ft shooting and the and ones.

Fitz looked extremely good. He is going to be a major contributer for 4 years. He just has a knack for being in the right place at the right time. I do not think that capel will be able to not give him starters minutes. He was arguably the best big yesterday. He and tiny played comparable games in my opinion even though they are dif types of players. these two will compliment each other very well this season with tiny being a threat with the ball and fitz finding the holes in the defense. once again i like his ability to shoot and his free throw shooting.

STEVEN PLEDGER!!!!gives willie a run for his money for my favorite player. not best player, but the person im the biggest fan off. If anyone was at the game i was the pledger fan haha. I agree with capels sentiments, he is the best shooter i have ever seen bar none. he came around screens and made it. he made it off the dribble. he made the catch and shoot. thats what i was most impressed with. Very few players have the ability to do all three at this level. He is going to be HARD to keep off the floor no offense to TC bc i respect evrything hes done and for staying when capel came but man pledger is too good. Also he had a vry good defensive game again. Star of the night in my opinion.

i dont know what to say about ryan and big o. i just hope that they can ocme in and play DECENT basketball. we might need gallon fitz to be like gk and adrian taylor and play evry play of the game or pretty darn close. Or we could go with a 4 guard lineup. Im not sold on ray ray. His frame is so light and his shot is not pretty i just dont see him getting on the court this year. all i have to say about cade davis is....his girlfriend is HOT!

Overall i was impressed with our team considering it was the first game of the year and our whole team is composed of freshmen. i would have like to have the blowout earlier but ill take the final score. THe biggest theing that stood out to me was the balanced scoring. i mean we had 4 or 5 guys around 15 pts and tony didnt even get in double figures. It has been a long time since ove seen a college team shoot so well from the ft line especially bc most of them were tiny and fitz(big guys) The guys getting starters MINUTES by conference play needs to be 4 freshman and a sophomore. Thats impressive. I had a great time and this game along with the fball game was worth a 4 hr drive

I am not sure you can say Fitz and Tiny played comparable games when Tiny dominated the boards the way he did.

Back