Mysteries of 2009

cowboysooner

Reaction score
1) O. Allen: By the end of last season, Allen was playing well, had passed Wright and looked like he would have a breakout year this year. Essentially, he hasn't been seen this year. What happened and why haven't we seen him this year. I would like to know the real story.

2) R. Willis: Talented but too skinny last year and then got in trouble. Unbelievably, he is skinner this year. If he won't eat, put an IV in him. Secondly, he has actually looked good this year when he has played, but essentially been banned from playing as if he were ineligible, save and except a couple games. I would like to know the real story on Ray. Why no playing time except for a couple games, and then why no playing time even though he played well when he played. And finally, why or how he got skinner.

3) Pledger: He starts out looking composed and focused in games, shoots the ball lights out, just like his rep says he will, and then becomes completely confused in games as the season wears on and has a complete inability to shoot the basketball. Once even shot a 3 point shot towards the corner on purpose. I would like to know what happened with him.

4) Fitz: It appears to me that although less talented than Tiny, he has out played him consistently in games, and in fact, is, apparently, the only big we have that knows how to block out, and yet he has mostly not played this year except for a few minutes here and there. Whats up with this.

5) WW: What happened to Willie and why hasn't he put out any effort in many games

Love Capel and am sure there are reasons for all of these perceptions, but would just like to know the true story.

Orlando and Ray have never really shown they can play. Pleger and Fitz and Tiny just played like freshmen for much of this year. So did TMG early in the year. WW hasn't played that good recently because he's come off an injury and he does have some games where he has bad body language but his stats have been pretty solid when healthy. Not good enough though.

Orlando Allen had a mean block against the cuse lastyear. Sure it's one play, but come on...not play ONCE this year? Well he probably did but I don't remember. He must have done something major to not get playing time.

Mostly just wondering if there is something going on with Orlando and Ray that is not generally known to the public. Jeff has played walkons ahead of them, except for one or two games with Ray. It is like they are being disciplined or something. Just wondering.

I would definitely like to the know the real story with Orlando. He is a big guy that I think should be playing the 5 with Tiny at the 4. He can block shots and rebound. He also brings emotion to the floor. As far as Ray is concerned, I just don't think he is good enough to get playing time. His defense is horrible. If he is not making shots, he really doesn't help you that much. We must get some impact JUCO help next year.

It has been one strange season. That's for sure.

Orlando has had issues to deal with that hurt him the most.

1) O. Allen: By the end of last season, Allen was playing well, had passed Wright and looked like he would have a breakout year this year. Essentially, he hasn't been seen this year. What happened and why haven't we seen him this year. I would like to know the real story.

That is exactly what I thought but most on this board have acted like that didn't happen. I would swear I observed Allen get more minutes in the last half of the season or last third than Wright.

It is very strange. Plus WW said Orlondo Allen was the MVP after the Texas game for the way he practiced. I don't know if he was trying to motivate the guy but that suggested to me Orlondo Allen is working in practice.

I would definitely like to the know the real story with Orlando. He is a big guy that I think should be playing the 5 with Tiny at the 4. He can block shots and rebound. He also brings emotion to the floor. As far as Ray is concerned, I just don't think he is good enough to get playing time. His defense is horrible. If he is not making shots, he really doesn't help you that much. We must get some impact JUCO help next year.

I guess it is a good think I am not a coach because I don't see that as Ray's problem as much as shooting the darn ball too much. Ray just can't resist shooting when ever he gets the ball. I actually think Ray is a talented basketball player that needs to learn to play without ever shooting. Once he does that, he can then try to become a leading scorer.

I don't think one team at OU has had so many players that have had so many issues in one year that kept them from performing.

Back