New student seating plan

WichitaSooner

Reaction score
https://soonersports.com/news/2019/10/24/mens-basketball-ou-revamps-student-seating-at-the-lnc.aspx

I know a lot of people think the LNC isn't the most convenient site to attend a game, but there is NO excuse for us not to have a student section that is a legitimate presence. Tickets are dirt cheap, if not free, the seats are good, and the coach and players give the students more access to the program than any other school in the country. And oh yeah, we have a great program. When you think of the best/toughest venues in college basketball, the students are what make the biggest difference. Having the students be a factor every game, not just three or four times a year, would be such a boost.

this is a great improvement i have wanted them to move the band for years

This is fantastic. Happy we are being proactive in trying to get the students to form a bond with OU B-ball.

Not to get to old man. But, this is still gonna be an uphill battle. Even the football student section is rarely full now. Just the way it is. As we’ve stated before on here, its also like this across the nation.

But it’s good to see us trying to accommodate em as much as possible.

This is fantastic. Happy we are being proactive in trying to get the students to form a bond with OU B-ball.

Not to get to old man. But, this is still gonna be an uphill battle. Even the football student section is rarely full now. Just the way it is. As we’ve stated before on here, its also like this across the nation.

But it’s good to see us trying to accommodate em as much as possible.

I would say I’ve seen a bit of a resurgence in student football attendance. They don’t necessarily come early or stay when the game gets out of hand, but it is full at or near the beginning of the game. Which was better than you could say for a few years there.

I'm going to sound like a really old man, but it boggles my mind that students would skip a football game or even leave early. And I know student interest is down at many schools, not just at OU, but honestly, when you're walking or biking distance from the stadium (as so many students are) and you can't be bothered to go watch a top five team -- it's a head-scratcher to me. I remember waiting out for 24 hours to get a texas ticket. Leave early a game? Hell no, let's play an extra half!

I was at practice today. They have cookies from a local baker for anybody who walks in to watch the practice. It's embarrassing there was more people over 80 than students at the practice.

I had so much fun at the one practice I attended a few years ago. This time of year I feel a strong urge to be there again -- all you (relatively) local guys should do your best to make it to a practice; you won't regret it.

I hate to sound pessimistic and I hope I'm wrong but I hope we aren't moving are most vocal and consistent attendees, the pep band, farther from the action to be replaced by a bunch of empty stands.

It's worth a try for sure!

Back