Not in Cobbins final six.

soonerczech

Reaction score
According to a quick interview with Cobbins by Rivals, we are not in his final six. The final six are in no order Mizzou, Okie St., UConn, Memphis, 'Zona, and GTech. Said he wants to go where he can play as a frosh. and where he can really talk to the coach. So, who would you rather talk to...:jcapel or :ford?

Something had to have went on in the recruiting of this kid. I can't imagine OU not making his top six unless there is some sort reason.

Just doesn't add up. I can't say it's OSU, but it's just weird for OU and UT to come in strong on this kid like they have this summer and then neither make his top 6.

Ouch, this guy is gonna be good... He reminds me of Hakim Warrick. I was hoping OU could get an official visit out of him, but I guess not.

What big men are left?

Is he really a big man? Rivals has him listed @ 6'8 215. So, just drop 2" to probably get his real height. So, you really are looking at a wing player or an under-sized 4.

I just moved to Houston and I keep hearin some hype about us recruiting some guy in or near the houston area...I am not sure who it is but I have heard some buzz...

Just curious, what makes you think that? And what "dirt" would Ford have on OU and Capel anyways to make it effective?

"Havent you been to OUhoops.com? They are going to land 6 lottery picks per this DirtyMess guy and you will never play. Its entirely possible that they sign 5 Mcdonalds All-Americans!"
-Travis Ford

"Haven't you been to OUhoops.com? They are only recruiting Juco players per this Bigabd guy and you will never play! Its entierly possible they sign 5 juco all americas!"
- Travis Ford

"Havent you been to OUhoops.com? They are going to land 6 lottery picks per this DirtyMess guy and you will never play. Its entirely possible that they sign 5 Mcdonalds All-Americans!"
-Travis Ford

I'd rather sign 6 lotto guys than the six washed up Jucos that you want us to sign. Maybe that will make the playing field a little bit even when your Fav, Colorado comes to town. BTW, I'm not the one who accused Ford of dirt.

Just doesn't add up. I can't say it's OSU, but it's just weird for OU and UT to come in strong on this kid like they have this summer and then neither make his top 6.

Just a guess, but if he wants to play for a coach he can talk to, perhaps he doesn't want to go to a place that just started coming on strong this summer.

Also, as for something going on with his recruitment, I think I read something about some schools staying in constant contact after his injury and others not as much. I don't know whether or not his injury impacted his relationship with OU, though.

Wanting to play as a freshman and play for a coach he can talk to, I really like Mizzou's chances with Cobbins.

Looks like just about every school he has in his 6 are very up tempo offenses. Mem, OSU, Mizzu are all that type of team and I bet Zona starts to move that direction. As for Uconn and Gtech I'm not real sure.

Looks like just about every school he has in his 6 are very up tempo offenses. Mem, OSU, Mizzu are all that type of team and I bet Zona starts to move that direction. As for Uconn and Gtech I'm not real sure.

OSU is not an uptempo team, they're just a quick shooting team.

Back