Not sure which player Jennie was speaking of

womenssports

Reaction score
but Jennie was either at Cain's or the background advertised Cain's. Think it was after the game against SMU but not really sure. Seemed like it showed up on my phone under stories under google. Anyway, I could not copy and paste here and can't now find.

She mentioned some player, but could not hear who, that was maybe participating in practice and was doing exercise and actually seemed to be enjoying running.

So, we have two players out right? Kelbie and Perkins? Can't remember if Perkins played in SMU game but saw someone, not Joens, who looked like her.

Really not sure what is going on with Kelbie and Perkins now? Injured and/or sick?

One of the coach's biggest tasks, it seems to me, will be substitution, but she did a good job last year. So far, this year, it seems she is trying to get everyone experience in games. I suspect when the games become tougher,
(maybe next week), she may have to cut down a bit on subbing. So far everyone is looking pretty good. I don't see anyone getting upset about not playing as many minutes. Maybe the Freshmen who are used to being stars, but it seems the coach really helps to create a great atmosphere for the team and that she has a good shot of keeping all the players.

Oh, will add, I know some were questioning her addition of Joens when it happened. It looks like she is a good all-around player, so glad we have her.
I was shocked to see Johnston in the ORU game, actually with height and run the floor and get a lay-up with someone on her. We need that.

So much for my ramblings.

Below is from Jennie’s after SMU press conference

How much not having Kelbie Washington is hurting them defensively right now: “I think we just miss having her right now more so than even on the basketball floor. I do agree that she's fast and she can get up there and she can do some things. I think a huge help for us is having Ana [Llanusa] back because I think defensively I think she really [establishes things]. Especially from a guard standpoint, she really sets the tone. And I think from an overall standpoint, I think Madi continues to set the tone. I think Madi has taken a lot in terms of defensively. I think she's taken a lot of pride in that and worked a lot in the offseason, and you can tell. And so I think from that standpoint, having those two I think are huge. And hopefully we get Kelbie back at some point. We still don't know. So, I think we do have some people that can really help in those areas.”

If Kaley Perkins is close to getting back: “She is close to taking some steps forward. But I don't know about being back.”

Thanks for that. I missed how they were injured and what the injuries were.
Is that something that is known. I thought I saw some saying they thought Perkins might have a concussion. Do not know anything about Kelbie.

If Perkins is close to getting back and she had a concussion as has been rumored I would expect to see her play on the Utah swing November 15 & 16. otherwise I think it is likely a severe concussion (Grade 3 or Grade 4) as we know OU's concussion protocol has been more restrictive than has been seen elsewhere. Also we know Perkins did not play in the exhibition game played November 3 and should she not play on the Utah swing November 15 & 16 she will have been out at more than two weeks depending upon the date of the injury.

Remember Dillon Gabriel only missed 1 football game when knocked silly against TCU October 1.

Last edited:
So I occasionally get on other teams' forums and Texas of course seems to have the worst fans as far as negativity to other teams. They pretty much tore into OU for allowing ORU 94 points, saying our defense is even worse than last year. Obviously they didn't watch the first half and see just how deep our bench is, but I do agree in part. When Kelbie is back, along with Ana, or defense will improve drastically. Everything being said, I hope UConn kills Texas today!!

So I occasionally get on other teams' forums and Texas of course seems to have the worst fans as far as negativity to other teams. They pretty much tore into OU for allowing ORU 94 points, saying our defense is even worse than last year. Obviously they didn't watch the first half and see just how deep our bench is, but I do agree in part. When Kelbie is back, along with Ana, or defense will improve drastically. Everything being said, I hope UConn kills Texas today!!

If our freshmen progress as they should and a healthy Kelbie returns, UT fans may regret evaluating the Sooners prematurely.

UConn is without Bueckers this year.

UConn defeats Texas 83-76. UConn is without Bueckers and Texas was without Harmon.

Anna is ok, but tell her to stop shooting three’s. She is 1 for a bunch for the season.

Ana has always been a terrible shooter BTA. Offensively she needs to penetrate and shoot mid-range jumpers or go to the basket. For career she shoots 29% BTA, junior year 28%, senior year 29% and this year 23%. Obviously had difficult learning she cannot not make that shot in game situations. JMHO.

Going into this season Ana has averaged taking 6.1 s/g BTA. TRob averages 8.6/g. I hope Ana and Jennie gets that number down to closer to 3 or less.

https://soonersports.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/ana-llanusa/15416

https://soonersports.com/sports/womens-basketball/stats/2022-23

Back