? on Terrence Jones

bwoods1986

Reaction score
Hey so I see that Jones is deciding on signing tonight. Does this mean that Jones will have to committ by the 11th of november which is signing day?? Im not that informed on the college baskeball signing period thing. thanks

November 11 is the first day of the fall signing period. Recruits can sign any time during that time frame or wait until the spring signing period.

Hey so I see that Jones is deciding on signing tonight. Does this mean that Jones will have to committ by the 11th of november which is signing day?? Im not that informed on the college baskeball signing period thing. thanks

If Jones decides during the early signing period he will have to sign between November 11th and November 18th. That is the early signing period.

If he decides to wait until the late period, he will not actually sign with a school until mid-April.

I may be way off on this, but I think if he decides to sign early it's better for OU than if he waits. Calipari is scum but a heck of a recruiter and I'm afraid he gets a leg up if TJ waits.

wait...he is deciding tonight?

He has said he's deciding tonight whether he's going to make a decision in the early signing period or wait until the late signing period. I've gotten the impression that his mother would like him to get it out of the way... so I suspect if they decide Jones is sure of where he wants to go -- they'll go ahead and make a decision. If there are still questions, he'll extend it.

In my opinion, the best thing for Oklahoma would be for him to go ahead and make a decision. I think the Sooners have a great shot right now and if he waits until the late period... not only do I believe it may hurt OU's chances a bit -- the Sooners will, also, have to wait on their top target.. which will suppress their interest in some other guys.. which is not a good thing if he chooses to go elsewhere.

Last edited:
If he decides tonight, whether or not he is going to sign early. I would think he has decided were he is going as well. JMO. I hope he decides to pull the trigger and announce that OU is his college of choice.

He has said he's deciding tonight whether he's going to make a decision in the early signing period or wait until the late signing period. I've gotten the impression that his mother would like him to get it out of the way... so I suspect if they decide Jones is sure of where he wants to go -- they'll go ahead and make a decision. If there are still questions, he'll extend it.

In my opinion, the best thing for Oklahoma would be for him to go ahead and make a decision. I think the Sooners have a great shot right now and if he waits until the late period... not only do I believe it may hurt OU's chances a bit -- the Sooners will, also, have to wait on their top target.. which will suppress their interest in some other guys.. which is not a good thing if he chooses to go elsewhere.

Well then let's hope he know he wants to be a Sooner now.

Most guys,who pull the trigger early end up at OU,if OU is recruiting them Clark,and Taylor did.

If he decides tonight, whether or not he is going to sign early. I would think he has decided were he is going as well. JMO. I hope he decides to pull the trigger and announce that OU is his college of choice.

If he decides he will sign early, then he knows where he will sign. If he decides he won't sign early, then he still doesn't know.

I think he signs early, but I am not as convinced he is OU bound early as some. Will be interesting to watch this one play out.

Scouts has a article about him deciding between UCLa and UW. Is that true?

Scouts has a article about him deciding between UCLa and UW. Is that true?

I don't know but I think it's going to be extremely hard to get him off the west coast. I think he's UW bound

I read that Mother Jones really like the UCLA campus and the weather. I agree he likely to end up somewhere on the west coast.

I read that Mother Jones really like the UCLA campus and the weather. I agree he likely to end up somewhere on the west coast.

That was on a scout update. UCLA just doesn't make sense for Terrence. The offense that they run is not going to showcase his skillset imo. I really think it will come down to Washington, Oklahoma, and Kentucky, with Oregon being the darkhorse.

Also, of course his mother is going to like UCLA's campus and the weather. Who wouldn't? It would have been much more telling if she had talked about how Coach Howland said that he would fit into the offense....

have you heard anything matt?

No, it's just a waiting game right now. As soon as I hear one way or another I'll pass it along. It may not even be tonight, but it'll be here on OUHoops as soon as I hear something.

Back