One more reason to miss Taylor Griffin

Gutter

Reaction score
From the Oklahoman story on this year's problems:

A season ago, former Sooner Taylor Griffin earned a reputation as a disciplinary force. Teammates feared disappointing Griffin, a player who spent four years in the program and a lifetime in the state. As players have missed meetings, practices and run into off-court trouble this season, Davis says the hole Griffin left behind hasn't been filled.

From the Oklahoman story on this year's problems:

A season ago, former Sooner Taylor Griffin earned a reputation as a disciplinary force. Teammates feared disappointing Griffin, a player who spent four years in the program and a lifetime in the state. As players have missed meetings, practices and run into off-court trouble this season, Davis says the hole Griffin left behind hasn't been filled.

Why didn't Davis or Crocker or Warren step up?

I don't think it is a role you just decide to fill.

Have to have a certain personaility.

Why didn't Davis or Crocker or Warren step up?

It seems like a PO'd Taylor Griffin would be a lot more intimidating than these guys. I wish Crocker would start looking at his teammates with the same "I want to kill you" look that he gives to the refs when he gets called for a foul.

Could Fitzgerald possibly fill this void in the future?

Seems to have a pretty outgoing personality.

I've always been a big Taylor Griffin fan and I still think it's funny that each offseason people were looking for the next incoming recruit to take Taylor spot in the lineup, whether it was Kyle Cannon, Juan Patillo, Orlando Allen, or whoever. Every year people said we needed a more talented guy in his spot. Now we bring in 3 MAA's and people miss Taylor Griffin.

funny how that works. The same can be said for Cade Davis, vs the Willis's, Neysmiths, Early's, and Pledgers of the world that were supposed to come in and take his spot.

TG is what this team needs. A vocal leader and someone they can look up to.

Back