One More Win

I'm gonna say 2-2 to be safe. But I think the OSU win could give this team the emotional lift that they need just at the right time as we head towards the post season. I could see us upsetting one of the ranked teams. Porter did it last year against Alabama when no one gave us a chance.
question is, does Soares START vs oweh....

I think it is margin of victory/loss, as well (which I think should be weighted less than it currently is).

Unfortunately, ou has been throttled in most of its losses which is apparently hurting our metrics.
Yep, outside the TTU loss at home, the closest loss was at TCU by 9. The rest have been by double digits and almost all of those were not in doubt in the last 5-10 minutes. None of them were that 6ish point game where we were close and we fouled to stop the clock for the other team to pullaway.

A stark contrast to the last two seasons, especially two years ago, where the majority of our losses were decided in the last possession or minute.

I just saw the latest ESPN Bracketology. They had us in the 8/9 game - right about where I thought we would be. That means we'll likely need to win two of the last four games to stay in that 8/9 area...unless we make an unexpected run in the Conference Tournament. In the Billy Tubbs era, there was very little drama this time of year. Our NCAA seeds were 7, 2, 1, 4, 6, 1, 1, 1, and 4. We were only on the bubble one year (1993) and didn't make it. There was no drama leading up to the other NIT appearances.

I just saw the latest ESPN Bracketology. They had us in the 8/9 game - right about where I thought we would be. That means we'll likely need to win two of the last four games to stay in that 8/9 area...unless we make an unexpected run in the Conference Tournament. In the Billy Tubbs era, there was very little drama this time of year. Our NCAA seeds were 7, 2, 1, 4, 6, 1, 1, 1, and 4. We were only on the bubble one year (1993) and didn't make it. There was no drama leading up to the other NIT appearances.

If ou goes beats Cincy and Houston and wins a tournament game, I would have them as a 6 seed at minimum.

I believe it's irrelevant who the starter is (Oweh or Soares). Soares has been very effective (arguably our best player) in recent games coming off the bench.

If ou goes beats Cincy and Houston and wins a tournament game, I would have them as a 6 seed at minimum.
out of the last 4 games....Houston (to me) is the least likely win...

after cinncy it's a toss up for me on clones/horns...as far as win #2

out of the last 4 games....Houston (to me) is the least likely win...

after cinncy it's a toss up for me on clones/horns...as far as win #2
I'm surprised people think Houston is a less likely win that ISU. Houston is the better team, but given the locations of the two games, I feel like tonight's game is far and away the toughest remaining.

I believe it's irrelevant who the starter is (Oweh or Soares). Soares has been very effective (arguably our best player) in recent games coming off the bench.
I agree on Soares...but benching oweh lit a little fire under him....it seemed. I"m sure it'll be the normal starters but interesting position. As a former HS coach I never understood why some coaches are stuck on a starting lineup. I understand some guys are better off the bench for whatever reason but my son's juco baseball coach stuck with same 9 even though the team was losing big time.

Sometimes change is good

Last edited:
Oweh coming off the bench was much better .. for one game. I'd try it again at Hilton and see if he plays well again.

I'm surprised people think Houston is a less likely win that ISU. Houston is the better team, but given the locations of the two games, I feel like tonight's game is far and away the toughest remaining.
well my opinion is based on the following: Houston has only 3 losses and is coached by KS, we've lost a couple at home, I don't think we match up well (who has really) with Houston.

Didn't say isu wouldn't be a tough game, but we did beat them which actually might be a negative. Comparing THOSE 2...isu/uh...that's how I see it. I compare isu/ut.

well my opinion is based on the following: Houston has only 3 losses and is coached by KS, we've lost a couple at home, I don't think we match up well (who has really) with Houston.

Didn't say isu wouldn't be a tough game, but we did beat them which actually might be a negative. Comparing THOSE 2...isu/uh...that's how I see it. I compare isu/ut.
add in the fact that OU knows it can beat ISU ... and i agree with you

I think they are about the same. If I thought we had a serious home court advantage I would agree with you.

Back