Orlando and Beau

SilliSooner

Reaction score
Think it wouldn't hurt to get Orlando and Beau some time against Texas. If nothing else but to get Texas to the line.

Here are some free throw percentages for Texas and the key to beating them:

Pittman........ 53.8 %
Gary Johnson 64.9 %
Avery Bradley 48.0 %
Justin Mason 52.6%
Balbey 51.4%

Put these guys on the line. Don't let them have a clean shot. Except Balbey from the 3-point line. His 3-point percentage at 10% is the WORST in college basketball. Dare him to shoot and block his passing lanes.

I'd have Orlando, Beau and Drew use up their 15 fouls and trade 1 point for two per trip.

I totally agree. I actually wish Orlando would start, just to guard Pittman for a few minutes and keep Tiny from getting in early foul trouble. Even if he only played the first 2-3 minutes of the game, it could help.

I totally agree. I actually wish Orlando would start, just to guard Pittman for a few minutes and keep Tiny from getting in early foul trouble. Even if he only played the first 2-3 minutes of the game, it could help.

Thats a good idea... Play him until the first tv timeout at the start of each half, and from the 1:30 or so mark until halftime so Gallon doesnt pick up a cheesy foul.

Don't know about Gerbs, but I agree about Orlando. I would like to see him come in and give a couple good, hard fouls on Pittman or whoever when they try post up on him. No doubt, send those guys to the line. Between Fitz, Orlando and Wright, we have 15 fouls to give.

If Pittman catches it within 5 feet of the basket and is going to make a move, Orlando should put him on his ass.

Over/under on Pittman playing 15 minutes?

Over. He will probably punish us inside. I doubt Orlando will touch the floor. I hope Capel lets him come in a few time to body up Pittman, like he did against those big fat guys that Syracuse had. But I just dont see it. I dont even know for sure that Orlando is eligible.

I did not see the Nebraska game but I think in the ISU game Capel took Gallon out after the first foul rather than his second. I really think that is a good idea with Tiny because he seems to get frustrated and pick up that second foul really quick. Even if you just give a 2-3 minute rest it lets him not stress about the foul and re-focus. I also think it helps with his conditioning issues.

Over. He will probably punish us inside. I doubt Orlando will touch the floor. I hope Capel lets him come in a few time to body up Pittman, like he did against those big fat guys that Syracuse had. But I just dont see it. I dont even know for sure that Orlando is eligible.

He is suiting up and traveling with the team (I think). Doesn't that mean he is eligible?

He is suiting up and traveling with the team (I think). Doesn't that mean he is eligible?

I dont know. It might. I hope so. I just wonder why he never plays. If he had played in one game this semester then I wouldn't be wondering about his eligibility.

Play either one just because we need bodies in there not fouls like we have with Keith.

Big O is eligible and we may actually seem him play some against Texass. Would love to see him get some playing time, he's been busting his butt.

Orlando ate dinner last Sunday at GoGo Sushi in Moore. Alls I got...

Its actually not bad and is always packed... More into the rolls, so I can't comment on the raw stuff.

Back