Orlando Magic ---- Better or worse?

thebigabd

Reaction score
Article came out from Frank Vogel saying he was going to start Aaron Gordon (6'9'' 225) at the 3 spot, and put the ball in his hands a lot... He also said they are going to try and "beat the ****" out of people in the paint and on the boards with Vucevic, Ibaka, and Gordon.

I see problems hitting jump shots with his projected starting lineup.... But, if your strategy is to be the anti small-ball, that should be interesting.

PG: Elfrid Payton/DJ Augustine
SG: Evan Fournier/Jodie Meeks
SF: Aaron Gordon/Mario Hezonja
PF: Serge Ibaka/Jeff Green
C: Nikola Vucevic/Bismack Biyombo

Better than 35 wins? Possibly.

Playoff team? Doubtful. Of the eight playoff teams from last season, only the Heat should experience a significant drop. Add in the Wizards, Bulls, Knicks, and Bucks as potential playoff teams, and the Magic are on the outside looking in.

I like some of Orlando's pieces, and Vogel is an upgrade, but the pieces don't fit together, and they have no superstar to cover up their massive warts.

They're loaded with young talent, but it's going to have to develop before they're truly competing. Ibaka and Vucevic is a formidable tandem, so I understood why Orlando wanted to make that happen, but they had to give up their best backcourt prospect and push their best frontcourt prospect out of his natural position. Orlando definitely has a top 10 frontcourt, and perhaps even top 5, but their backcourt is the exact opposite.

IMO, Orlando is one of the most intriguing options for RW next summer. This team could be a contender if they hit a homerun like that in free agency.

They're loaded with young talent, but it's going to have to develop before they're truly competing. Ibaka and Vucevic is a formidable tandem, so I understood why Orlando wanted to make that happen, but they had to give up their best backcourt prospect and push their best frontcourt prospect out of his natural position. Orlando definitely has a top 10 frontcourt, and perhaps even top 5, but their backcourt is the exact opposite.

IMO, Orlando is one of the most intriguing options for RW next summer. This team could be a contender if they hit a homerun like that in free agency.

Do they have the money for RW? Not sure what their situation is like.

PG: Russell Westbrook
SG: Evan Fournier
SF: Aaron Gordon
PF: Serge Ibaka
C: Nikola Vucevic

Everything will hinge on Gordon because they really will have to beat the @#$% out of people with that line up. Same as OKC this season, but I think that the Thunder are more equipped to do it.

Back