OSU/K-State

Hey, what happened to the Big 12 North vs. South thread... was that you or abd who was keeping track of that?

It must have been abd. I really could care less about the Big 12 South versus Big 12 North. It means nothing regarding seeding, standings, etc...

It must have been abd. I really could care less about the Big 12 South versus Big 12 North. It means nothing regarding seeding, standings, etc...

I know... but I had thought he was going to keep sort of a running total as the season went along.

Doesn't really mean much in the big picture... just something interesting to look at.

:)

Huge win for osu, no doubt. Big difference between 2-3 in the league and 3-2.

Even better when Selection Sunday rolls around. This was OSU's best conference road win since we beat A&M in College Station in Sean's last year.

Very good win for my Pokes. The 1-3-1 really took Ksu out of it today.

In trying to find out who the refs were I found a pretty neat feature on Yahoo!. If you go to sports and click on Ncaab, then Scores&Schedule, it shows todays scores with an option to click on boxscore or recap. On the same page is a calendar and if you click on the date on the calendar it shows all the scores for that night with an option to click on boxscore or recap for each game. Very useful when researching stuff like who officiated what game.

Nice win for osu, I don't think they will end up making the tourney though. They caught K-State at the perfect time, right after a huge emotional win over #1 Texas. Lucky for them. I don't think either state team will make the tourney (or Tulsa for that matter).

Man I have to disagree with the announcers that KSU got a "great shot" on that Pullen drive. Taking it 1 on 4 with no one underneath to rebound is not my definition of a great shot. They played like they had a lot less time than they did, but if you want to take a shot with 6 secs left you should make sure you have someone there to try to rebound. Play of the game was Sidorakis' save.

Every coach in America would take that shot given the time, that's all you can ask for. When you're down, you take the first good shot you can get. Look at the Minnesota/Michigan State ending, Westbrook waited way too long to attack the basket, they only got one ugly shot off. If your team is down, you can't be picky about waiting for the perfect look. Pullen has to finish that drive.

Nice win for osu, I don't think they will end up making the tourney though. They caught K-State at the perfect time, right after a huge emotional win over #1 Texas. Lucky for them. I don't think either state team will make the tourney (or Tulsa for that matter).

OSU right now stands at 15-4 (3-2) with an RPI of #34. We'll very likely jump into the RPI top 25 following today's win on the road against a top 10 team.

If OSU gets to 8-8 in the conference, we'll easily be in.

And I don't know how you can say Tulsa won't make it. They are the C-USA favorite at this point, and the C-USA Tournament is in Tulsa this year at the BOK Center.

OSU right now stands at 15-4 (3-2) with an RPI of #34. We'll very likely jump into the RPI top 25 following today's win on the road against a top 10 team.

Agree...unless OSU lets the wheels fall off, they're in.

I think only one 8-8 Big12 team ever made the tourney. That early schedule was garbage.

Nice road win though.

I would not want to make any predictions at this point. OU will have a tougher time getting in because of their poor noncon losses but they could make a run in big 12 play and make it. They have improved of late. OSU should make it but this league is brutal top to bottom and I personally see no give me games remaining on the schedule. The K-state road win was huge.

This is going to be a fun conference year.

OSUJeff = always the eternal optimist....at least he is consistent.

If I were you, I wouldn't put my hopes on getting in at 8-8.

OSUJeff = always the eternal optimist....at least he is consistent.

If I were you, I wouldn't put my hopes on getting in at 8-8.

I'm not "putting my hopes" on getting in at 8-8.

Obviously, that's always going to be dicey, because you'll be a bubble team and you'll be at the mercy of what other teams do.

But winning on the road at Kansas State will give OSU something many other bubble teams won't have... a road win over a top 10 team.

OSU was 9-7 last year and was easily in the tournament as an 8-seed.

This year, the Big 12 is stronger as a whole. I think that any Big 12 team with a good RPI and a couple of quality wins will be in this year.

And I don't know how you can say Tulsa won't make it. They are the C-USA favorite at this point, and the C-USA Tournament is in Tulsa this year at the BOK Center.

Jeff,

Don't get your panties in a wad, lol. You all will lose at home to Kansas and Texas and have a fairly rough road ahead. Nice win, but like I said, you caught KSU flat and worn out and fat and sasy after beating #1 Texas on national TV. No way they were focused on osu. Don't look at what you are NOW, look at what you have to do in the future - take off those terrible orange glasses. 8-8 won't get you all in and not even 9-7 will because you all had a TERRIBLE non conference. Just sayin.

Not a great non con but osu nabbed what will end up being two top 100 wins (Bradley, Pacific) and no losses to anyone under 100 rpi.

Jeff,

Don't get your panties in a wad, lol. You all will lose at home to Kansas and Texas and have a fairly rough road ahead. Nice win, but like I said, you caught KSU flat and worn out and fat and sasy after beating #1 Texas on national TV. No way they were focused on osu. Don't look at what you are NOW, look at what you have to do in the future - take off those terrible orange glasses. 8-8 won't get you all in and not even 9-7 will because you all had a TERRIBLE non conference. Just sayin.

Do you really believe 9-7 won't get us in? I am with Jeff at 8-8 we will get in at 9-7 there is no debate.

Back