OU coaches watched D'Angelo Allen on Thursday

Sooner23

Reaction score
According to Eric Bossi/Rivals OU coaches were in Austin Thursday to watch him in the state tournament. So it seems like they're pretty serious about him.

Allen and Kimball won the 4A state title, with Allen scoring 10 in the game. He says his current favorites are OU, Ga. Tech and Minnesota. Also said Cam Clark was putting in a good word about OU to him.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZb4CuAiIuc[/ame]

Just what I was thinking, pnkranger. He's obviously a superb athlete. Everything he does is so smooth.

I really like what I have seen of D'Angelo. I would like to get a better look at his handles, his ability to create his own shots off the dribble and other fundamentals I could name. Not that it matters all that much. If our coaches want him, so do I!

Thanks for posting, Sooner23!

He just looks like the kind of athlete Kruger wants.

5 words to describe our current signees and if we add this dude...

Long Athletic Nasty Dunking Machines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 words to describe our current signees and if we add this dude...

Long Athletic Nasty Dunking Machines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect description. It's going to be fun!

Where is OU in the pecking order. Do we lead? Wonder if he's visited..

Have to think we have a good shot considering the makeup of our team and our style. Other major offers: Georgetown, Marquette, Arkansas and Texas Tech. We've got proximity and potential success and style points over all of those options.

Would love to see us pick up Allen, then Grandstaff, Milton and King McClure in 2015. Do we have enough ships.

Would love to see us pick up Allen, then Grandstaff, Milton and King McClure in 2015. Do we have enough ships.

No. That would be one too many. We have three for next year as we stand, if we sign another in the 2014 class (Allen), we'll only have 2 for 2015.

I think that would be a little guard heavy too. Out of those three 'ships, I think one probably needs to be a big man.

I'd take Allen, Grandstaff, and a solid big man in a heart beat.

Then a stud PG in 2016? And maybe another young wing that year?

2016 will be a big, and probably important class. They will replace outgoing seniors Hield, Cousins, Hornbeak, and Spangler.

No. That would be one too many. We have three for next year as we stand, if we sign another in the 2014 class (Allen), we'll only have 2 for 2015.

I think that would be a little guard heavy too. Out of those three 'ships, I think one probably needs to be a big man.

Ah heck, while we're thinking big, Allen, Grandstaff, and Grandstaff's buddy Elijah Thomas.

King isn't coming to OU. Thomas isn't coming... Heck grandstaff probably not coming either

King isn't coming to OU. Thomas isn't coming... Heck grandstaff probably not coming either

You may well be right, but why don't we wait and see how things go? What if OU were to win the Big 12 tourney? What if we were to advance to the Sweet 16 or beyond? You saw what a difference our Sugar Bowl win made with recruits; who's to say we don't have some big tourney wins ahead of us that open some eyes in a similar fashion?

Don't write us off yet.

And you've said Trier and Shake aren't coming.

Should we just shut down our program after next season?

I don't know anything about King, but I think we have as good a shot as anybody with Grandstaff. And if we land him, we have an outside shot at Thomas.

Manyang?

Back