OU in line for visit from 2011 pg Sterling Gibbs

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
per Zagsblog.com
Seton Hall Prep junior guard Sterling Gibbs visited Seton Hall unofficially Tuesday.

Sterling previously told me Villanova was his favorite but Seton Hall is making up ground.

Gibbs said he also plans to take unofficial visits this summer to Oklahoma, Indiana, Villanova, Kentucky and Duke.

His father, Temple Gibbs, previously said his son could decide later this summer.

“We want to make a commitment by the end of the summer. I just want to get him set,” Temple said.

Of course, since he is only a junior, Gibbs could opt to wait.

Follow Adam Zagoria on Twitter.

That is an impressive list of schools. I love to see Capel recruiting like this!

That is an impressive list of schools. I love to see Capel recruiting like this!
I completely agree. We may not win many of those battles but I sure like the fact we are at least in the battle.

We may not win most of the battles like this, but if you are in 10 of them and just win 1, that's one 5-star MAA per year, and thats good enough for me.

We may not win most of the battles like this, but if you are in 10 of them and just win 1, that's one 5-star MAA per year, and thats good enough for me.

That's the type of philosophy I like. Only thing I would like is to get a 5* commitment a little earlier than the ones we have gotten the last two year. We started with McCallum, Pressey, Barnes, Cothron, Clark, and barton. Now we have a new list of Clark, Johnson, Jones, Harris, Black, and Joseph. i

considering the number of top flight players that have mentioned that OU is a school of interest or who has offered, how much real attention can coach pay to each of them? It's easy to send a letter or make one phone call, but to really court a player takes a good bit of attention. Some coaches just spray offers to major players hoping to luck out. You qll know the joke about the guy hitting on every goodlooking woman. I'm not saying that this is the case with Capel. It's just so different from what I'm used to.

Back