*****OU-Oklahoma State Pregame Notes/Game Thread*****

We don't have enough defensive threats either the way opie keeps getting open looks.

Nash walks, no call.
Black Ref is terrible.
Pledger has got to start shooting the ball.
Grooms has done nothing.
Osby needs to attack over and over.
Cam needs to be on the bench.

We're not the worst in the Big 12, though we might be playing like it right now. Our nonconference wins weren't all mirages. Arkansas's 12-3 and just beat 16th-ranked Miss. State. We should have beaten a strong Cincy team (they beat ND soundly and lost by two to St. John's).

We're better than we're playing right now. Not great, but better than this.

Cam forces more shots than I have seen of any recent OU player. I have read threads on this board on his potential, but I simply don't see it. He has a very poor feel for the game right now.

Grooms and Blair have no offense, and Clark is a liability when he touches the ball.

Pretty ugly, not much we can say about the way we are playing now. Brick wall in front and no way to go through it....

Cam forces more shots than I have seen of any recent OU player. I have read threads on this board on his potential, but I simply don't see it. He has a very poor feel for the game right now.

He lacks it. He has no feel for the game. I have more hope for Tyler Neal to develop than Cam at this point.

The sad thing is that they're playing really good D against good teams as well as bad. They just can't create offense to save their lives...

Grooms is pathetic on offense. You know it's bad when Page is sagging way off of you. Down 15 now. Need to start hitting everything if we want to even think about coming back.

Last edited:
This team has to pull themselves out of this situation. Coaching isn't go to do it.....What I see is a lack of trust by all to take a shot...

Pledger would be a great 2 guard with a PG that can score, but Grooms is no threat.

How ready will Hornbeak and Heild to play solid minutes? Will either of them be good enough to start? Clark has lost all his confidence and surely one of these could play in a 3-guard line-up, Does Henry have any offensive game?

As I said in a thread before. Carl should have started tonight. Even though Grooms is the best option because less turnovers and running the team he is no threat to score and really seems to be losing confidence in running the team.

This team could not beat Midwest City right now....I would have never thought this would happen...

I think what is most upsetting to me over the past 3 games is the lack of effort towards rebounding. During non-con we were playing lower quality teams, which played a part in the big rebounding edge we had, but we also crashed the boards harder and did it more as a group. These past few games there has been less intensity and guys have had a more nonchalant attitude towards hitting the boards. Too many missed opportunities.

Back