OU vs #1 Gonzaga 1:40pm CDT on CBS

I've consistently chastised people on this board who constantly ***** about the refs.....those posters have little credibility when there actually is a grievance to be had with the zebras. Today was one of those days. We were outscored by 16 points at the FT line. Some of that is attributable to Gonzaga playing inside offense and being aggressive. However, it seemed like an overwhelming disparity in the 50/50 calls going against us.

It's NOT the reason we lost.....we weren't beating Gonzaga even with Harmon today. But some of the bad calls changed the momentum of the game and that definitely had an effect on the dynamic. It would've most certainly been a closer game.

I know I don't post much here, and I probably have a few post complaining about officiating, but that is what makes me mad enough to post. Don't get me wrong I understand that officiating can be bad or good or somewherein between, I just don't like when it is one sided. If they are going to call a foul one way then it should be a foul the other way.

I know I don't post much here, and I probably have a few post complaining about officiating, but that is what makes me mad enough to post. Don't get me wrong I understand that officiating can be bad or good or somewherein between, I just don't like when it is one sided. If they are going to call a foul one way then it should be a foul the other way.

Agreed....and I thought we got screwed over pretty well today. It's a shame because we really could have made them sweat more.

Timme alone got to the line more than OU did, and Gonzaga took 22 shots from deep to OU's 16.

We were in the paint plenty, offensively -- we just couldn't get the calls. (The call on Kuath for fouling the driving Gonzaga player on the arm with his throat typified our day, as far as the officiating went).

Timme shot 14 free throws; Reaves shot 4. Anyone who thinks Reaves legitimately drew just two shooting fouls today saw a very different game than I did.

I'm proud of the guys. I wish we could won or two of those games late in the season, and I wish that Reaves had been available at Tech and that Manek had been available in Lawrence. A couple more wins could have made all the difference for us in this tourney. But except for that late-season skid, it was a great season, and I'm grateful to the players and coaches for the fun ride.

There are games where I think the calls are reasonable, and some of those we lose, some where the calls were lopsided but we still won. Today we were going to lose but there were too many bad calls against us that effected the margin, assuming a tight game wouldn't cause the Zags to lose their poise.

I know it won’t happen but I wish Lon would call out the officiating. He is way classier than me though. I would have elbowed Suggs into next year after the **** he got away with.

Gonzaga might be the best team in two decades and we needed to be close to perfect to have a chance. Would have been nice to get the good version of Manek to at least make it interesting. We’ve gotten good production from Williams and Hill, and Reaves has been outstanding. But two or three starters haven’t given what we needed.

I came away thinking they weren't as good as i expected. Our guys hung around with them and some other bounces go another way, were in it (without Harmon)

I think baylor is the best team ive seen so far IMO

Gonzaga pretty much coasted... OU played really well at times and just couldn't threaten them.

There were several 2nd half fouls that didn’t get called on zag...that again wouldn’t have change the overall outcome but def made it closer

As for the officiating the push offs were pretty flagrant. A couple of them on layups were very obvious. Appeared the refs were not looking for them to foul.

Our guys played hard all year. We were good enough to play almost anyone tough but lacked some critical assets.
1) Inside scoring and defense
2) Consistent 3 point shooters. We lacked enough of them.
3) Better 3 point defense. Too many wide open probably because of need for inside help.

This was also a team that did not play that well with a lead. Too many big runs against us. In the Missouri game we lost a 10 point lead, an 8 point lead, a six point lead and several 4 point edges. All in the second half.

Really a letdown season for Manek
Reeves hot and cold but mostly productive.
Gibson a good shooter but has trouble getting open.
Harkless a real warrior. A little loose with the ball but generally effective.
Harmon hot during our hot streak and cooled. I thought he had broken out.
Williams a bunch of plusses and minuses.
Hill a solid guy. Needs to agressively look for his shot.
Kauth good shot blocker at times. We lost too many ball trying for the oop.
Victor athletic but few skills. Plays hard and good defender.

A fun team to watch. I still think the 8 seed was too low considering all of the wins against ranked teams.

As for the officiating the push offs were pretty flagrant. A couple of them on layups were very obvious. Appeared the refs were not looking for them to foul.

Our guys played hard all year. We were good enough to play almost anyone tough but lacked some critical assets.
3) Better 3 point defense. Too many wide open probably because of need for inside help.

This was also a team that did not play that well with a lead. Too many big runs against us. In the Missouri game we lost a 10 point lead, an 8 point lead, a six point lead and several 4 point edges. All in the second half.

A fun team to watch. I still think the 8 seed was too low considering all of the wins against ranked teams.

This team flew too close to the sun and got burned. They won close games early on and couldn't figure out how to win those games late in the year. If they won just two of them they are probably a 5-6 seed.

I came away thinking they weren't as good as i expected. Our guys hung around with them and some other bounces go another way, were in it (without Harmon)

I think baylor is the best team ive seen so far IMO

I agree, we blocked lots of shots today. I think Baylor will slow them down some and will for sure score on them.

Lol saw a poster pointed out the one flaw.... ya, not 10 pt lead but a 9... point taken though

I know it won’t happen but I wish Lon would call out the officiating. He is way classier than me though. I would have elbowed Suggs into next year after the **** he got away with.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that thought. Better to give than receive (elbows in basketball).

Calls are always debatable, but it was stupid to get called for fouling his elbow with Kur's chin/throat.

Fun season and loved to see the team end with a strong effort against a very good team.

Gonzaga pretty much coasted... OU played really well at times and just couldn't threaten them.

+1. People are grasping for ways to neutralize their feelings, but OU wasn't going to win the game. Let's establish facts.

Back