OU vs #16 BYU 6pm 12/10

this is a crucial game for us. If we can beat them I believe we will rejoin the top 25. If we lose, we'll still have respect, but I really think we can beat them. Fingers crossed!!!

I'm not a soonersports.tv subscriber, so I'm only listening on the radio.

OU is down 26-19 at the end of the 1st quarter. Sounds like we've made a lot of careless passes (what else is new) and are struggling with their size. They have a 6'6" player.

Mid-way through the 2nd Q, BYU has a player who is 5-6 from 3 already - yikes!

BUT she just picked up her 2nd foul.

Ana just went down with a knee injury that, according to Brinkley, "does not look good". She's been on the floor for a bit. If it is indeed serious, that would be absolutely terrible. She can't catch a break.

She left the court on crutches. Very likely an ACL. Really sad.

58-56 we are up after Q3. Ana with a big ice pack on her right knee on the bench.

OU 99
BYU 91

OU finishes on a 11-0 run to end the game.:dance005:

I am so proud of this team; these girls are tough as nails and they should be ranked in the Top 25 in the next polls.

I'm hoping Ana's injury isn't as bad as it looked.

A very gritty gutty win by the team. Got 11 each from Tot and Tucker to give us the offensive spark we needed without Ana. The usual excellence by Madi and Taylor.

A good coaching story from the game. In the first half Tucker got fouled but missed both free throws. Then in the 2nd half she got fouled and again missed them both. Shortly after that she was again fouled going to the line for 2…before she shot them Jennie called Kennady over and you could tell she was being positive and likely told Kennady she is a good free throw shooter and to just do her normal free throw routine. That seemed to calm her down and Kennady confidently shot and made both free throws. Jennie was then an excited cheer leader to Kennady as she went back down to play defense. Later Kennady confidently shot and hit a corner 3. An important part of coaching is psychology and helping your players mentally. Jennie checked that box tonight.

Taylor doesn’t get the credit she deserves. She has improved her defense tremendously and can score more than just 3’s. All that work she puts in every day is really paying off.

This was the earnest game I have ever attended, BYU as hitting everything they threw up there and we were turning the ball over like Jr. high team. Couldn’t make lay ups, missed threes. Then in the second qt, we clamped down defensively and started making shots. Behind at the half but barely, then they just kept going hard and pulled it out after BYU made two 3’s. Wow what a game.

Has anybody heard anything on Ana’s knee?

Oklahoma crept back into the game in the second quarter, but tragedy struck with just over three minutes remaining before halftime. Llanusa, one of OU’s best players, went down with a leg injury. After missing the entire 2020-21 season with a back injury, and after battling multiple injuries before then, Llanusa was subdued again and did not return to the game.

It was a scary moment for a player who has already dealt with much adversity in her college career. Baranczyk could only watch from the baseline as Llanusa was carried off the court with extensive help.

“I don’t have an answer,” said Baranczyk when asked about the injury’s severity. “We’re gonna hope for the best. We’re gonna pray for the best. It’s really unfortunate.”

https://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-b...cle_bedd4984-5a34-11ec-93ae-731946187929.html

Doesn't sound good.

Back