Please dissect this Capel comment

Sooner23

Reaction score
Here it is.....

Had an hour team workout this evening. Competition day!!! If we can compete on a high level everyday, the sky is the limit for this group!

What does "the sky is the limit for this group" mean? Sweet 16? Final Four? National Championship?

It means the freshmen are better than he even projected. :dance005:

It means the freshmen are better than he even projected. :dance005:

Which will mean great things for this year! I have always thought we had a chance to have a great team, one that could get very far in the ncaa if they were playing well at the time. I hope this is true! If not... it will still be an amazing season, for sure!

It means we will beat Kansas and I will be arrested for attempting to rush the Phog's floor to celebrate the win.

It means we will beat Kansas and I will be arrested for attempting to rush the Phog's floor to celebrate the win.

Tyshawn Taylor will be "muggin you back" as he did to the KU football team for attempting that.

I think it means he think that this team can be good if they mesh early.

Last practice video looked pretty good. Tiny has a great sense of where the basket is and a smooth shot to finish it up. Typical bad hands by Allen and Wright but the new guys look fine.

Here it is.....

What does "the sky is the limit for this group" mean? Sweet 16? Final Four? National Championship?

It means the sky is the limit and you know that you keep on, just keep on pressing on. Sky is the limit and you know that you can have what you want, be what you want.

Last practice video looked pretty good. Tiny has a great sense of where the basket is and a smooth shot to finish it up. Typical bad hands by Allen and Wright but the new guys look fine.

I'm not sure if you have seen the most recent practice video..... I say this because, in the most recent one, RW and Big O didn't mishandle a single pass or loose the ball. In face, they played very well. Both grabbed rebounds with authority and aggressiveness. Also, they had some very nice scores where they worked hard to get great position, and handled the entry pass very well, then put up the shot and it went in. Maybe you are talking about one of the older videos?

I seriously doubt Capel is going to tweet if the team had a bad workout, like someone else said, entirely coachspeak.

As a Coach and Player you lace 'em up every season to be #1 and win the National Championship...nothing less...

I bet you money the guys on that team and Capel are all talking about that as something they CAN attain...it may be behind closed doors and not to the media, but if you arent going out there with the mindset you are the best or have a chance at becoming the best there's no point on showing up...

Plus, would we expect anything else from Capel...he's a winner...

Back