Prediction Time!

SoonerJK12

Reaction score
Predict the last 8 games of the regular season. I will start.

vs Iowa State - W
at Kansas L
vs Baylor W
at OSU W
vs T Tech W
at WV L
vs Texas W
at TCU W

We finish 11-7 in conference play!

If your prediction holds true there will be a lot less black feathered birds dirtying windshields.

vs Iowa State W
at Kansas L
vs Baylor L
at OSU W
vs T Tech L
at WV L
vs Texas W
at TCU W

9-9
Most likely 5th place in conf and 10 seed in the NCAA Tournament

vs Iowa State W
at Kansas L
vs Baylor L
at OSU L
vs T Tech W
at WV L
vs Texas W
at TCU L

8-10

H Iowa St- W
@ Kansas- L
H Baylor- L
@ OSU- W
H T Tech- W
@ WVa- L
H Texass W
@ TCU- W

That puts us at 10-8 and 20-11. Just don't see us pulling off a Baylor win at this point, but could happen.

I vs Iowa State W
at Kansas L
vs Baylor L
at OSU W
vs T Tech L
at WV W
vs Texas W
at TCU W

10-8

Predict the last 8 games of the regular season. I will start.

vs Iowa State - W
at Kansas L
vs Baylor W
at OSU W
vs T Tech W
at WV L
vs Texas W
at TCU W

We finish 11-7 in conference play!

vs Iowa State - W
at Kansas L
vs Baylor W
at OSU W
vs T Tech L
at WV L
vs Texas W
at TCU W

10-8

If I had to guess, I would say we beat ISU and Texas, lose at KU and WVA, and split the two other home (Baylor and Tech) and road (OSU and TCU) games. I think we are better than OSU and TCU but we struggle too much on the road for me to be confident that we will win both. And I think Tech and Baylor are both winnable but very tough games. So 9-9 is my guess, but wouldn't be surprised to be a game off either direction.

If I had to guess, I would say we beat ISU and Texas, lose at KU and WVA, and split the two other home (Baylor and Tech) and road (OSU and TCU) games. I think we are better than OSU and TCU but we struggle too much on the road for me to be confident that we will win both. And I think Tech and Baylor are both winnable but very tough games. So 9-9 is my guess, but wouldn't be surprised to be a game off either direction.

Ok I think 10-8 and WichitaSooner thinks 9-9.... what kind of weird twilight zone have we entered here.

Ok I think 10-8 and WichitaSooner thinks 9-9.... what kind of weird twilight zone have we entered here.

Ha see that's the thing -- even though people accuse me of being a sunshine pumper, I actually am incredibly pessimistic when it comes to individual games. I can easily convince myself that a decent high school team could beat us in hoops or football -- I stress over every game. In any event, I very much hope you best me on this prediction! :)

Agree with this

vs Iowa State W
at Kansas L
vs Baylor L
at OSU W
vs T Tech L
at WV L
vs Texas W
at TCU W

9-9. @Kansas being the only 100% loss and Texas in Norman being the only 100% win.

I had Texas Tech as a win until I found out the game is in OKC... Why in the world would they agree to that, especially considering Tech got to play us on their home floor?

I had Texas Tech as a win until I found out the game is in OKC... Why in the world would they agree to that, especially considering Tech got to play us on their home floor?

It had nothing to do with "agreeing" to anything. It was not something that the league or Tech approached us about. 100 percent OU's idea. Not saying that makes it any better or worse, but it isn't as if we somehow got the short end of the stick. Right or wrong, our program decided playing this game in OCK was in our overall best interest.

It had nothing to do with "agreeing" to anything. It was not something that the league or Tech approached us about. 100 percent OU's idea. Not saying that makes it any better or worse, but it isn't as if we somehow got the short end of the stick. Right or wrong, our program decided playing this game in OCK was in our overall best interest.

They were wrong. Playing away from your home court is never in your best overall interest. I've never heard of a program doing something that makes it statistically less likely to win, and do it completely voluntarily.

Wow!! We very nearly beat Baylor and Tech on the road....yet several have us losing to both at home??!! I realize that Tech is at the Peake, but do ANY of you realize that Techs record of games that are neutral or true road games is 3-6?? They are very beatable!

So predictable. It is almost funny

Lose out on the road and win out at home but failing to beat the #1 team in the nation isn't an acceptable opinion to you? Sometimes the dude may be trollish but i sure hope people can still have opinions on here...

Its one thing if it's that jessiW or jessiwildcat bot that ran wild for a while here..

Wow!! We very nearly beat Baylor and Tech on the road....yet several have us losing to both at home??!! I realize that Tech is at the Peake, but do ANY of you realize that Techs record of games that are neutral or true road games is 3-6?? They are very beatable!

All of what you said is true, but if you've seen Tech play lately, they are playing better the last several weeks. But fortunately, OU is playing better as well.

As for the remaining slate, I say we go 10-8, but in that stretch, we win a game we shouldn't (Baylor or @WV) and also lose a game we shouldn't (@osu or @tcu).

vs Iowa State - W
at Kansas L
vs Baylor L
at OSU W
vs T Tech L
at WV L
vs Texas W
at TCU W

We finish 9-9 in conference play.

Edit: I forgot tech game is in okc and not lnc

Last edited:
Back