Releford to......

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Alabama. Congrats to Coach Grant and the Tide. I think they got a good one.

Ray McCallum come on down.....

Source Link

OU is in on a bunch of top players but unless we land a couple its meaningless.

This stings, but after reading that last report, I am definitely not surprised. I don't care if you are the most optimistic person in the world, when someone says they have to go somewhere else, then after they go there, decide if they need to go to another place before they can make a decision, it's pretty obvious you aren't their first choice.:ez-laugh:

Sometimes another school is a better fit. You win some, you lose some. I have faith that our coaches will bring in a great recruiting class, still. Also, if we had to lose him to anyone, I'm alright with it being Bama. Grant is a good coach, and can do some great things for the Tide.

Good luck in Tuscaloosa, Travis.:)

OU is in on a bunch of top players but unless we land a couple its meaningless.

Yeah, but the guys I have felt the best about are still on the board. James Johnson is the only guy I thought we'd get that committed elsewhere.

I'll bet you a nickel that we wind up with at least 2 from this list:

Cam Clark
Doron Lamb
Josh Smith
Tobias Harris
Terrence Jones
Ray McCallum

Its hard to be optimistic about Harrison Barnes until his list gets trimmed or until we get some feedback on visits, but I'm not nearly so ready to rule him out as many others around here. Also, Trey Zeigler is a guy I have absolutely no clue on, but an official visit can't be a bad thing.

I know most of you will think I'm crazy, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if OU wound up with 3-4 of the 8 guys listed above, especially if they get McCallum. I'm not making any bold predictions, but most of you know I'm not a sunshine pumper...That really is the feeling I get.

The next 30-60 days should be really exciting...

No it's not meaningless. You can't stop recruiting these guys just because you don't land them in one year. The approach has to be that you keep recruiting them until you finally land one or two. Once you do this it is very possible to get on a recruiting roll. Coach Capel has already got this started. Just because you miss on some doesn't mean you stop. One or two big time recruits coming to OU means that other top players will want to come to OU. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap:OUbball-logo:

Re: Releford gives verbal to Bama

didn't see Big already posted it last night, so sorry for the redundancy but didn't hear about it until this morning's paper

Re: Releford gives verbal to Bama

yup, i'm impressed with Grant. good hire for Bama.

edit: i thought i read this thread last night and there were responses. hehe. i was just chalking it up to "before coffee" time.

A commit so quick makes me wonder if he was a silent commit or if the OU visit clinched it for him.

A commit so quick makes me wonder if he was a silent commit or if the OU visit clinched it for him.

Why would the OU visit have clinched it? Why so negative?
Sounds like to me, and by what he's been saying for awhile, is that he really clicked with Coach Grant. So when he saw the campus and had a good visit that sealed it. The Alabama visit clinched it for him not anything bad on the OU visit.

Why would the OU visit have clinched it? Why so negative?
Sounds like to me, and by what he's been saying for awhile, is that he really clicked with Coach Grant. So when he saw the campus and had a good visit that sealed it. The Alabama visit clinched it for him not anything bad on the OU visit.

The guy committed Friday evening. He was barely in Bama. Obviously something was there to make him commit so early on his visit. Maybe it's because the Big12 transfer rule which prohibits inconference transfers.

The guy committed Friday evening. He was barely in Bama. Obviously something was there to make him commit so early on his visit. Maybe it's because the Big12 transfer rule which prohibits inconference transfers.

You've been drinking haven't you?

Oklahoma State giving up 24 to Rice? Can't wait till we play that D.

LOL. Another KU reference on an OU board. Anything you say can't be taken seriously.

What's that? Any reference about KU can't be taken serious, according to Chendog.

Taking a shot at KU is always welcomed on an OU board, that is a different animal then praising them Chendog.

What's that? Any reference about KU can't be taken serious, according to Chendog.

Again, you take something out of context and make no sense. Any reference to KU by YOU can't be taken seriously. :ez-roll:
You can go to the smack board and check out the KU thread and see all the nonsense for yourself. :clap

Taking a shot at KU is always welcomed on an OU board, that is a different animal then praising them Chendog.
Totally 1000% agree.
Just laughing at Dirty for always bringing up KU to me, I respond and then he says why are you talking about KU on an OU board. :ez-roll:

The funny thing in this thread is I was defending OU as Dirty was telling us all why Arizona was better than OU. Then he finds a whole he can't dig himself out of so he flips the script into a KU thread.

How in the world anyone on this board can think Arizona's program is better than OU's right now is beyond me. What is the logic Dirty? Why do you think Arizona is better than OU Dirty?

Again, you take something out of context and make no sense. Any reference to KU by YOU can't be taken seriously. :ez-roll:
You can go to the smack board and check out the KU thread and see all the nonsense for yourself. :clap

Totally 1000% agree.
Just laughing at Dirty for always bringing up KU to me, I respond and then he says why are you talking about KU on an OU board. :ez-roll:

The funny thing in this thread is I was defending OU as Dirty was telling us all why Arizona was better than OU. Then he finds a whole he can't dig himself out of so he flips the script into a KU thread.

How in the world anyone on this board can think Arizona's program is better than OU's right now is beyond me. What is the logic Dirty? Why do you think Arizona is better than OU Dirty?

Dammit, you're back. We're trying to enjoy this football win. Don't be a buzzkill.

BTW, I didn't read your response. I reserve the rights to read it later and reply.

Back