Remembering Wayman Tisdale Night

GParker

Reaction score
I didn't hear it announced at the game last night but please be aware (and spread the word) that the next Sooner home game on Saturday February 6th against Texas will be Remembering Wayman Tisdale night.

I have heard that several videos are being put together and that the fans will be receiving WT patches, but I not sure what else will be in store for this special occasion. I have also heard that several members of his family will be in attendance.

Please mark your calanders and spread the word to all those that want to remember and honor the greatness on and off the court that encompassed Wayman Tisdale.

Order Tickets Online through Soonersports.com

I just bought my ticket. They have the 'print your own ticket' option now, so you don't have to pay the $5.00 handling charge.

I hope marketing does their due diligence in getting the word out for this event. I would love to see Wayman Tisdale Court or something similar unveiled.

I am coming down from KC and bringing my 7 year old son for his first OU game; what a great treat to be able to be there to witness the tribute to Wayman in person.

Have lost two buddies to cancer...one a HS buddy who died while attending OU med school and another in grad school (and he left behind a wife and 2 kids). And have another friend who will lose her battle with breast cancer this year. Terrible, terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
And my first memories of OU basketball are Wayman Tisdale

I'm seeing if I can make it up for this game.

My grandmother died of lung cancer last year. She was 84 years old but had never smoked a day in her life. She had always been in excellent health. Then she was diagnosed in sept of 08 and was gone a year later. Watching her go through what she went through is one of the worst things I have ever had to witness, and it absolutely devastated my mom (it was my maternal grandmother). Terrible, terrible disease.

I am as excited for this game as for any game in recent memory. And it's not because we are playing Texas or that we have an opportunity to get a "premium" win. It is because of WT.

Please do your part to make sure that this game is full to the gills.

713285227_1871012514_081021-wayman-tisdale.jpg

Last edited:
I would really hope they name the court after Wayman that day.
I will be disappointed if they don't.

Hope everyone will show up and be loud!

Quick you wont be the only one, I am sure there won't be very many dry eyes in the house.

Just reading the story on SoonerSports.com brings tears to my eyes. I can't imagine how emotional next Saturday will be.

Guys and gals I know this team has been frustrating but lets get the butts in the seats this Saturday for Wayman! He and his family deserve it! STANDING ROOM ONLY! Get the word out! FOR WAYMAN!

Back