Rickey Scott to...

They're getting a good one. Don't know what position he'll play, but he's going to make an impact.

Good luck Rickey! I hope you do well in your college career!

I am very happy he did not go to Tech, he seemed like a typical Tech guard who would be around forever and would always have a big game vs OU.

I wonder if he and Wade will both stick with their commitment. They're both combo guards who probably envision themselves as 1s (I'm pretty sure I've read Scott wants to play the point, don't know about Wade).

I wonder if he and Wade will both stick with their commitment. They're both combo guards who probably envision themselves as 1s (I'm pretty sure I've read Scott wants to play the point, don't know about Wade).

He's Andre Emmett and Ronald Ross.

Congrats to Rickey! I hope he does well for the hogs.

I'm going to do my best ABD.

"Can you Imagine a lineup with:

Courtney Fortson
Rotnei Clarke
Ricky Scott
Ricardo Ratcliffe
Robert Goff

Courtney Fortson
Rotnei Clarke
Ricky Scott
Ricardo Ratcliffe
Robert Goff

That would be vintage abd right there.

Courtney Fortson
Rotnei Clarke
Ricky Scott
Ricardo Ratcliffe
Robert Goff

Lol, im big on plugging in players to lineups.. Thats just how much basketball mind works! :)

Spot on abd style post right there, and I love it.

Sad thing about Scott is he would have committed to OU if offered without question. I hope the lack of offer was something that the coaches knew with other recruits and not a miscalculation

Sad thing about Scott is he would have committed to OU if offered without question. I hope the lack of offer was something that the coaches knew with other recruits and not a miscalculation

Really, when did he say that?

Rickey stated he was an OU fan while he was growing, I'm pretty darn sure if OU had offered he would've committed on the spot ala TJ Taylor.

Rickey stated he was an OU fan while he was growing, I'm pretty darn sure if OU had offered he would've committed on the spot ala TJ Taylor.

If so that speaks highly of how Capel feels on the big time recruits he's on.
That's great!

I get the feeling if we can just get the first commit it will be a dominoe effect...I feel that we are either going to strike out or hit a homer and get like three of those guys! Crossin my finger for the home run!!

Really, when did he say that?

I think its mostly speculation, but I think its a fairly safe assumption. His recruitment didn't really get any momentum going until well after his OU visit, a visit in which he made a comment about how he would like an offer (wish I had it verbatim, if someone wants to work back and post it thats great). I think its as much about fit as it is about Capel waiting on "better" prospects. I don't think there is a lot of room in Capel's plans for guards who can't shoot. While he doubtlessly feels good about where OU stands with other guards out there, I just don't think Scott is a great fit.

If it really is Capel's hope to install and primarily run 4-out, 1-in, then it will put a premium not only on guards who are comfortable with the ball, but particularly on spacing and the ability to threaten the defense from multiple spots. I really like Scott quite a bit (mainly because I wondered for a long time why he wasn't rated higher), but I think he isn't that great of a fit for OU, particularly in a class that already has T.J. Taylor.

Just like most of the other guys who have committed lately, I didn't see Scott as being a guy who was really in OU's plan. I look forward to seeing the plan start to take flesh over the next couple months. I've said it already, but I think a lot of the anxieties around here will be alleviated soon.

I don't think there is a lot of room in Capel's plans for guards who can't shoot.

this is what kept him from an offer and this is what keeps him from being a top 50 recruit. One thing that Coach Capel said at his camp is that if he sees a kid that is dedicated to work on his deficiencies than that's the kid he'll go after first. He made mention to Eric Maynor and the shot ugly shot he had as a prep player and how he developed into a great shooter and player. Now ultimately Ricky Scott is a better prospect coming out of high school than Eric Maynor and ultimately I don't think it is work ethic that kept him from an offer. That's why I feel it is the fact OU is in on alot of prospects. OU currently is in on about 4 or 5 wings. They still are recruiting Anthony Brown out of Cali who just eliminated Arizona and Olukemi is a better prospect by the fact that he can score all over the court and the fact that he's 6'7.

Rickey Scott's stock dropped in Vegas at the AAU showcase. A lot of under the radar guards lit him up and he struggled on offense. He should end up being a good shutdown defender in college, but the offense may be suspect.

Rickey Scott's stock dropped in Vegas at the AAU showcase. A lot of under the radar guards lit him up and he struggled on offense. He should end up being a good shutdown defender in college, but the offense may be suspect.

DFW, quit being a stranger. I know we give you a hard time, but we love you here.

Scott committed to Arkansas because they were the only school telling him he was their future point guard.

I've never seen Scott play, but based on everything I've read I really doubt he'll be playing too much at the point for Arkansas.

Back