Roster evaluation

sdcloud9

Reaction score
Realistically, of the players OU tried to win at Stillwater with today, how many would see meaningful playing time for other upper division Big 12 teams?

TMG, yes
Crocker, yes
Davis, role player
Wright, no
Willis, no,
Pledger, no
Fitzgerald, no

Today was a lost cause without WW and Tiny. It would have been a huge upset for this group to have pulled off a win or even stayed competitive.

Now to argue about who is responsible is a different argument altogether.

TMG, Crocker, and Davis are it.

Wright is a bench player.

Pledger and Fitz are promising freshmen but freshmen that will be inconsistent.

If Fitz is a promising freshman how is Tiny not one as well?

If Fitz is a promising freshman how is Tiny not one as well?

If you talk about Gallon in the pre Big 12 I agree he's promising but since Big 12 play he has gotten worse and worse and most of it is just because he mentally can't play the position. At one point I think he averaged 15 a game and like 12 boards a game. Now he is at something like 9 points and 8 boards.

His performance vs Tech was still more than anything Fitz has done in conference.
You complain about Tiny not doing well in conference play yet Fitz's has a grand total of 18 points and 10 rebounds in conference play. Tiny has 71 points and 60 rebounds in conference play.
Double standard much?

I am really worried about this roster. Not for this year, but for next year.

TMG and Cade are the only 2 players I can point to for next year and be confident that they will do the job.

2 players!!! The rest are very uncertain.

A lot of people criticized Ford for over signing players a few months ago. I am beginning to wish we had taken a similar path.

It's obvious some guys need to move on.

Not sure what coach saw in a couple of our guys.

OK, I may be a little harsh here. Gallon has promise. He just does not know where to play. But, I watch guys like Fitz and Gallon run and I immediately do not want them running up and down the court for me. Gallon has pushed him self a little at times and resembles an athlete. Fitz, it pains me to watch him run. He does have a decent jump shot. We just need to combine Wright and Gallon and we would have a real nice player.

Last edited:
Back