Roster question

afaSooner

Reaction score
Of these players listed... which guys have a good chance of making an impact next yr?

TJ Franklin
Barry Honore
Orlando Allen
Ryan Randolph
Kyle Hardrick
Ray Willis
Beau Gerber

Barry, and depending on how recruiting goes, Orlando. I'll be really pleasantly surprised if Willis or Hardrick contribute much, and I believe Big Baby Food is a senior this year. If Franklin or Randolph are making much of an impact next season, we have problems.

I would hope Ray would start to fulfill his potential, but I don't know how many minutes he will get with Pledger, Taylor, Clark, Davis, and hopefully Terrance Jones and or Coleman. So of the list, I would guess Big O. Wright graduates, so that leaves only Fitz and Tiny that will get serious time at the post.... assuming that Tiny comes back (which I fully expect him to do).

Hopefully Honore can step up and contribute in the Big 12 because if he can't we will be limited with our post players. We are already guard heavy this year, so hopefully Big O and Honore will be able to provide quality depth next year. Hopefully Capel will get a big that can step in immediately.

Of these players listed... which guys have a good chance of making an impact next yr?

TJ Franklin
Barry Honore
Orlando Allen

Ryan Randolph
Kyle Hardrick
Ray Willis
Beau Gerber

Those three have a good shot at contributing in my opinion.

Big O and barry will play some and if ray is still around he'll play some too... from what ive seen cam and tj can both defend and handle the ball so they will jump ray and i hope for our sake cape brings in some guys better than big o and b smooth.... i love em but k-hard ryan and tj will never do anything at ou but play clean up minutes

I know very little about Honore, but I believe TJ and Big O have a good chance at playing off the bench. Especially if Warren leaves school early, I see TJ playing when TMG needs a breather. I hope Ray gets a good education here, but I don't see the potential others see in him.

I dont see any of them doing it. I do not see that much extra playing time at the guard spot, and if we get another post player like everyone is screaming for that will leave us with 3 possibly solid post players...1) unknown recruit 2) fitz 3) gallon

now if we dont sign a good low post player then I see berry really helping out

He was at the last game, always in street clothes behind the bench...

no he wasn't. he hasn't been at the last two games where he sits next to omar. just wondering if he had a family issue or something.

He was at the Arizona game during warm-ups walking around talking to the guys.

Arizona game he was wearing a brown Bill Cosby type sweater.

I would hope Ray would start to fulfill his potential, but I don't know how many minutes he will get with Pledger, Taylor, Clark, Davis, and hopefully Terrance Jones and or Coleman. So of the list, I would guess Big O. Wright graduates, so that leaves only Fitz and Tiny that will get serious time at the post.... assuming that Tiny comes back (which I fully expect him to do).

Hopefully Honore can step up and contribute in the Big 12 because if he can't we will be limited with our post players. We are already guard heavy this year, so hopefully Big O and Honore will be able to provide quality depth next year. Hopefully Capel will get a big that can step in immediately.

Where would Tiny go?

Back