Rules Questions: Ask the Experts

skyvue

Reaction score
If a player puts up a shot from the left side of the court, and the shot is an airball, floating over the hoop to the right side of the court, and the shooter scurries along the baseline and grabs the rebound on the other side, is that allowed?

It happened in today's game adn the OU radio crew seemed to think it wasn't allowed, that it would be traveling (I think that's what they said). In effect, it's a pass to yourself, which I would think isn't allowed.

Changed rule prob 5-6 yrs ago.

Attempted shot with air ball is available to shooter

Tv guys were saying bama had no motivation for this game. Bottom 12 team blah blah.::

I just rewatched the game (I was listening to OU's radio coverage while watching it live) and I thought the announcers were more than fair to us. I took it that they were criticizing Bama for not taking us seriously, but I didn't think there were downplaying our win. They even said the win (not the margin, but the win) shouldn't be that big a surprise because of how many close losses to ranked teams we've had in conference play. And the color guy was raving about Coach Moser and predicting great things for the program under him.

Back