Running down some potential 2013 targets

Sam

Reaction score
(Note: I take offers/interest with a bit of doubt now a days. Parents/recruits often mistake interest for an offer, or flat out throw out schools name as a way to generate interest. Recruiting is a weird and confusing game you guys.)

Jeffrey Carroll, 6'5 SF, 2013, Rowlett, TX.
He's a kid claiming an OU offer on his rivals page, Kansas St, TCU and Nebraksa are the other big name offers he's claiming, along with midmajor Texas schools and a healthy amount of A-10 squads.

Carroll is a high school and AAU teammate of fellow 6'5 wing Nathan Hawkins, who OU has looked at but I don't think they've ever gotten seriously.

From what I can tell from reading about him, he's an athletic wing that had a very good July. But is still raw. He fits more into the mold the versatile/athlete that Kruger seems to like than his teammate Hawkins (he's a Pledger type).

For what it's worth, in a write up from his AAU coach (Booker of the Dallas Mustangs) on Texashoops, Carroll apparently has the most upside of any player on that roster, more than guys like Marcus Foster, Leyton Hammonds, Some Edu & more. I tend to take AAU coach's evaluations when they're talking about their own players, with multiple grains of salt.

Jordan Woodard, 6'0 PG, Edmond Memorial
I believe he's the top guard target for OU right now. I believe OU, Stanford and Memphis are the schools on top of his list, with TCU possibly being in the picture. I believe OU has a very good chance at him. This is all speculation on my part so who knows.

Shane Rector, 6'0 PG, New York
This is a name I heard that was drawing some OU interest back in the spring. It seems that the bulk of his offers are from midmajors with high majors just throwing out some interest. He could be an option in the late signing period if OU misses out on who they want early on.

Dominic Woodson, 6'9 C, Round Rock, TX
I know he's a target thats often been thrown around, but I've tended to be cautionary in how serious OU was about him and vice versa. But seeing OU send two coaches (Crutchfield the first day, Kruger the next) to Kansas City in the last July weekend made me perk up my ears on him. With the graduation of three post players this year, OU can offer him a good chance at early playing time.

Treshawn Bolden, 6'7 PF, Jackson, Mississippi
Found this Rivals article where he says OU and Auburn lead for him.

He's another skilled PF (Athletic bigger wings and skilled big men are very likely to become popular terms when it comes to OU recruits). He's had back issues so that's affected his stock of late, but I do know that OU started to show him interest as way back as last July. In a random note, one AAU coach I talked to the weekend I was in KC had played against him the week before and went on and on about how Bolden killed them in multiple ways.

Cameron Blakely, 6'10 PF, Georgia
Found this tweet claiming an OU offer. Other than that, not a whole lot out there about this kid.

Will probably see Carroll at some point this fall/winter, will pass along any novice observations.

I believe Jordan is our number one guard recruit now and hopefully will commit soon so we can move on to big men.

Back