Season Ticket info

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Heard that roughly 93% of last year's season tickets have been renewed already for next season. That was as of last week. Anyone seen any ads or signs for OU basketball anywhere in OKC or Tulsa? I saw a commercial on over the weekend.

I hope that those of you that really support the program will do your part to help sellout the LNC this year. Even if you can't attend yourself there are plenty of things you can do to help with the process. Here are just a few:

- Tell family, friends, coworkers about this club. This is the only team in OU history to have 3 McDonald's All-Americans on the roster. Willie Warren has a great chance to be the best player in a loaded Big 12 conference, and is on the short list of many POY listings. Tommy Mason-Griffin is the first true PG to hit Norman in several years, and is already showing flashes of being great in practice. The schedule this year will feature several really good home games including: Arkansas, Arizona, Texas, OSU, Kansas State (should be good this year), Iowa State (Brackins is a superstar), and Baylor (can we keep the streak alive?). So talk up the team to those that might be on the fence as to whether or not to purchase tickets.

- Talk up the team on other message boards. Most of the time, we are just preaching to the choir over here at OUH, but if you talk up the team on other boards (particularly premium OU boards) then you can make a difference.

- Call the sportsanimal and the ref and talk up the team to guys like Mark Rodgers, Al, Myron Patton, and James Hale. It is a great way to talk up the team.

Let's get it done people! There is no reason that we can't beat last year's attendance (which was the best I have seen in a long while).

-BT

PS Thanks again to the students that have already done their part in selling out the SS. Now we just need to make sure that they show up to every game!

Heard that roughly 93% of last year's season tickets have been renewed already for next season. That was as of last week. Anyone seen any ads or signs for OU basketball anywhere in OKC or Tulsa? I saw a commercial on over the weekend.

I hope that those of you that really support the program will do your part to help sellout the LNC this year. Even if you can't attend yourself there are plenty of things you can do to help with the process. Here are just a few:

- Tell family, friends, coworkers about this club. This is the only team in OU history to have 3 McDonald's All-Americans on the roster. Willie Warren has a great chance to be the best player in a loaded Big 12 conference, and is on the short list of many POY listings. Tommy Mason-Griffin is the first true PG to hit Norman in several years, and is already showing flashes of being great in practice. The schedule this year will feature several really good home games including: Arkansas, Arizona, Texas, OSU, Kansas State (should be good this year), Iowa State (Brackins is a superstar), and Baylor (can we keep the streak alive?). So talk up the team to those that might be on the fence as to whether or not to purchase tickets.

- Talk up the team on other message boards. Most of the time, we are just preaching to the choir over here at OUH, but if you talk up the team on other boards (particularly premium OU boards) then you can make a difference.

- Call the sportsanimal and the ref and talk up the team to guys like Mark Rodgers, Al, Myron Patton, and James Hale. It is a great way to talk up the team.

Let's get it done people! There is no reason that we can't beat last year's attendance (which was the best I have seen in a long while).

-BT

PS Thanks again to the students that have already done their part in selling out the SS. Now we just need to make sure that they show up to every game!

I will have to find out if I should "renew" mine. I'm not sure if it would be renew so much as buy new season tickets... haha. Got to see how my work schedule will compare to this year's schedule.

Awesome!

Unfortunately, Indy will be absent most of the season this year, but it's for a good cause. A mini-me was born last month, and I will be doing my part to create another OU basketball fan! Therefore, I'm doing my part by expanding the OU fanbase naturally!

Another big thing people in OKC and Tulsa (as well as other parts of Oklahoma) can do is to tell your friends (pressure them) to use the tickets. If they can't go to a game pressure them to give the seats to somebody that will go. Somebody don't like to give tickets away because they paid for them but you get zero value from them when you don't use them and a person in the seat is good for the team and the program.

If you don't have a business associate to give the tickets to consider some of these people:

1. Kids teacher. Teachers are not paid big bucks and I would assume a free night of entertainment would be greatly appreciated. You never know when your kid will screw up so a little good will can't hurt.

2. Security Guard. A security guard at your building or neighborhood probably makes $10 an hour. Giving them a gift of two seats would probably make their day.

3. Secretary or someone that works for you. People generally give tickets to someone that will or could do business with them. Rather than waste the tickets give them as a perk to a person that is lower than you on the totem pole.

4. Someone you know that has lost a job. It would be tought to be unemployed. Getting a free night out for your family would be awfully nice.

With a little thought you can easily think of someone to give the tickets to and most people would be extremely greatful.

Another big thing people in OKC and Tulsa (as well as other parts of Oklahoma) can do is to tell your friends (pressure them) to use the tickets. If they can't go to a game pressure them to give the seats to somebody that will go. Somebody don't like to give tickets away because they paid for them but you get zero value from them when you don't use them and a person in the seat is good for the team and the program.

If you don't have a business associate to give the tickets to consider some of these people:

1. Kids teacher. Teachers are not paid big bucks and I would assume a free night of entertainment would be greatly appreciated. You never know when your kid will screw up so a little good will can't hurt.

2. Security Guard. A security guard at your building or neighborhood probably makes $10 an hour. Giving them a gift of two seats would probably make their day.

3. Secretary or someone that works for you. People generally give tickets to someone that will or could do business with them. Rather than waste the tickets give them as a perk to a person that is lower than you on the totem pole.

4. Someone you know that has lost a job. It would be tought to be unemployed. Getting a free night out for your family would be awfully nice.

With a little thought you can easily think of someone to give the tickets to and most people would be extremely greatful.

:clap

Renewed my two season tickets

:airwillie

I am glad to hear it! This is a really important year for us as fans to show that we will support this program. Please spread the word.

This is something like my 10th year of having tickets. Looking forward to seeing this team play.

Back